PDA

View Full Version : A box full of IMUSA

STICK
06-15-2010, 14:08
At the end of last week I got a box from the UPS man in which I could not remember what it could be. After looking at the label I remembered. A lady form the IMUSA company had contacted me a little while back and sent me some items to try out, and this was the box of stuff. I was pretty excited.

Inside the box was a few items in which some I will use for backpacking while others I will use for car camping. The items sent were:

0.9L Grease Pot
Egg Pan
Flan Mold
Can Opener
Coffee Cloth Strainer
T-Shirt

I found it interesting that they contacted me because of a post I had on WB. The post was more so about the Gram Weenie Pro stove, but I included some stuff about the IMUSA 10 cm mug since I got it all as a package. IMUSA does not necessarily make backpacking type items, but some of it can be used for such things.

Anyway, I have pictures and a weights and such on a post on my blog. It can be read here:

http://stick13.wordpress.com/

Here is my write up on the mug:

http://stick13.wordpress.com/gear/kitchen/cook-pots/10-cm-imusa-mug/

Mountain Wildman
06-15-2010, 17:07
That's pretty cool!!
I have an Imusa Non-Stick Frying Pan that I bought from Walmart, It is small!!!
It was around 5 bucks and looks like it was designed to cook 1 egg at a time.
I have used it many times, Came with a lid and like you said it looks like it would come with an Easy Bake oven, It is definitely small and light enough to use for Backpacking, Maybe I'll add it to my gear.

johnnybgood
06-15-2010, 17:42
Wow !! Christmas in the middle of June. I use the 0.7 qt. Imusa Mug that sits perfectly on my Super Stove for heating up water.
The Non-stick Frying Pan sounds like it's a not only a bargain but also LW to boot.

hikingshoes
06-15-2010, 18:21
Nice Pics....GF and i did some Geocaching last weekend at Tish.state park.It was very hot so we left after a all day cach hunting.HS

STICK
06-15-2010, 23:14
Hey HS, hows the new job going? I was just at Tishomingo the other day. Here is my TR:

http://stick13.wordpress.com/whats-this-about/tishomingo-state-park/june-3rd-2010/

gohawks
06-15-2010, 23:38
I use an IMUSA pot. Love it. Cheap, light. What's not to like really?

STICK
06-16-2010, 01:06
That's the impression I am getting.

russb
06-16-2010, 05:35
That's a great surprise. I am jealous that imusa wasn't looking at WB back in 2007 when I first posted about them. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=474592&postcount=11

russb
06-16-2010, 05:39
clarification: I did not mean to imply I was first to post about them. I meant it as MY first post about them.

zelph
06-18-2010, 09:58
The Flan Mold can be used as a food storage container (since I don’t know haw to make flan). The pan measures 6 1/4″ wide and 2 1/4″ deep, and has a listed volume of 1 quart. The pan has a lid which sits over the pan and there are 3 lever-type-locks which hold the lid on. This will probably be used during car camping trips rather than backpacking trips. The biggest reason being that the mold pan with the lid weighs in at 10.2 oz. The first thing I thought when I held this pan is that it would be great for holding smaller food items for car camping trips, and this is what I can see myself using it for most of the time.Is this pan made of stainless steel? I like the looks of it with the lid hold downs. Looks tactical:cool:

Old Hiker
06-18-2010, 11:12
As I think back to when I had my first (and only) BMW automobile in 1998, a 1987 3 series that I was the 4th American owner of overseas and that I brought back to the US for a time, and as I fondly remember all the Scout campouts, as well as other trips my wife and I made all over Europe, I wonder: could it be possible that my traveling to and from the AT with my Scout Troop would be enhanced by another, newer BMW automobile?

Yes, my Scouts overseas and here in Florida seemed to benefit from the excellent ride and comfort to and from camping and hiking locations. Oh, if only I could help my poor Scouts feel better about themselves as they go to and from campsites and trailheads in the comfort and safety they so richly deserve. <sigh>

VALERIE (to Max)
Think it'll work?

MIRACLE MAX
It would take a miracle. Bye!

zelph
06-19-2010, 16:11
Is this pan made of stainless steel? I like the looks of it with the lid hold downs. Looks tactical:cool:

I googled it and found the answer:)

Thanks anyway.:)

Skidsteer
06-19-2010, 20:06
Is this pan made of stainless steel? I like the looks of it with the lid hold downs. Looks tactical:cool:

Yes, it is stainless steel.

zelph
06-20-2010, 20:04
Yes, it is stainless steel.

Thank you Skidsteer. I purchased one online. Look forward to using it at a base camp project. I've used a jello mold, 1/2 ounce of alcohol and a StarLyte stove to make flan. Worked great. As you know there are lots of eggs used in the recipe. I think I've mentioned that I like eggs:)

STICK
06-21-2010, 09:32
Sorry, I have been out in the Smoky mountains the last few days and just got back in yesterday.

I still haven't used the egg pan, but I am hopefully going to get to do so on a little day hike this week sometime.

turtle fast
06-21-2010, 15:17
The egg pan works well...the egg pan is stylish and a cool orange...light too. I hope IMUSA looks into producing a hiker cookware line....quality lightweight cookware without the price of titanium and not some Chinese junk.

hikingshoes
06-21-2010, 16:07
Hey STICK,
The new job is good,but hot!!lol,How did you trip go?Are you back at work?Hope all is going well.HS
Hey HS, hows the new job going? I was just at Tishomingo the other day. Here is my TR:

http://stick13.wordpress.com/whats-this-about/tishomingo-state-park/june-3rd-2010/