PDA

View Full Version : Good Boot Measurements

Sierra Echo
06-16-2010, 16:37
Anyone know where I can go get good boot measurements done??
I thought I was wearing the correct size. But it took walking down Blood Mountain to find they were too long. Now I have a bruised toenail bed, brusied sides of toenail, as well as the top of the toenail and underneath as well. I have my big hiking trip in less then 3 weeks. Any suggestions?

Phreak
06-16-2010, 16:45
Pay a visit to Barry Bloom @ Perimeter REI.

Sierra Echo
06-16-2010, 21:18
Thank you for answering!
Do they do that at all GA REIs or just the Perimeter store?

Phreak
06-16-2010, 21:20
Thank you for answering!
Do they do that at all GA REIs or just the Perimeter store?
I worked with Barry for several years at REI and he's THE MAN when it comes to shoes & boots.

Sierra Echo
06-16-2010, 21:24
I worked with Barry for several years at REI and he's THE MAN when it comes to shoes & boots.

I will make my way down there when the swelling in my toe goes down. I will tell him the Phreak sent me! :)

Elder
06-16-2010, 22:21
Did you try Mountain Crossings while you were on Blood?
They fit/ help more AT hikers than most..

Sierra Echo
06-16-2010, 22:29
By the time I got off the mountain they were already closed. I didn't realize the extent of what had happened to my toe then either. I may potentially be going back to Blairsville on the 26th.
I bought my daypack there awhile back but didn't even glance at the shoes. Do they have a good selection?

Elder
06-16-2010, 22:36
A good selection of hikers, trail runners and footbeds...socks etc..
they work with more sore hiker feet than others...after all, they walk in!
Take your current boots, sock choice and see if they can help.
OR, you may need a different size, style, even the lasting (foot form) used varies between manufacturers.

Sierra Echo
06-17-2010, 00:17
I think thats what I'm going to do.
I put my boots on earlier tonight (without socks on) and i could push my finger down between my toes and the end of the boot. So they are to long. I hate to have to buy a new pair of boots, but if I have to, I have too. Thanks Elder, I wouldn't have thought of them.