PDA

View Full Version : pencil paper and baltimore jack tarlin

mweinstone
06-18-2010, 13:25
jackhas all his worlds on paper. and hes a pencil. what are u? i belive first aid supplys can have a cell phone as an emergency device and to keep in touch with max.....but palm piklots and music and laptops and stuff hurt the exsperience. what say u?

Spokes
06-18-2010, 13:38
Depends. If you subscribe to the theory of entropy then you know all systems in the universe move from a state of order to disorder.

Your point being?

berkshirebirder
06-18-2010, 13:41
you think there's a point?

Spokes
06-18-2010, 13:56
you think there's a point?

LOL !!!!

http://mrg.bz/SjXkge

JJJ
06-18-2010, 14:04
Some people ain't ready for the exsperience, neither was Jimi. We have to let hour selfs down on ropes to reach the bottom with exsperience. A fall can be trajik and jumping the worser. But yes we are strangled in mini ropes.

STEVEM
06-18-2010, 14:18
http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/8/21/saupload_towelie.jpg

JAK
06-18-2010, 14:35
jackhas all his worlds on paper. and hes a pencil. what are u? i belive first aid supplys can have a cell phone as an emergency device and to keep in touch with max.....but palm piklots and music and laptops and stuff hurt the exsperience. what say u?
lillian we may never know if she kept her axe sharp or how ripe her was tomato. of cell phones she knew little for first aid or anything but she made use telegraphy moreso for navigating than communicating. Dog mayhave belonged to photographer not her but maybe.

http://gorida.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/lillianalling.jpg

Spokes
06-18-2010, 14:37
Some people ain't ready for the exsperience, neither was Jimi. We have to let hour selfs down on ropes to reach the bottom with exsperience. A fall can be trajik and jumping the worser. But yes we are strangled in mini ropes.

Is there a special computer keyboard that allows you to convey thoughts like this? Just wondering.

LIhikers
06-18-2010, 18:17
I think there's a decoder ring in every box of Cracker Jacks. :D

Sierra Echo
06-18-2010, 18:21
I think there's a decoder ring in every box of Cracker Jacks. :D

It will just tell you to drink your Ovaltine.

Lugnut
06-18-2010, 18:32
So then you remember Captain Video? :p

Sierra Echo
06-18-2010, 18:33
Nay, that was the message from Little Orphan Annie on the movie A Christmas Story. I LOVE that movie!

Canada Goose
06-18-2010, 22:23

lillian we may never know if she kept her axe sharp or how ripe her was tomato. of cell phones she knew little for first aid or anything but she made use telegraphy moreso for navigating than communicating. Dog mayhave belonged to photographer not her but maybe.

It's not easy to out-matthewsi matthewsi, but you two are pretty close! :D

How long does it take for your thought processes to return to normal? ;)

Gray Blazer
06-18-2010, 23:50
normle izz as normle duz . matties mikroscoap allows only himn to view things as bigg or smaller than thay relly ar . druggs help . jimi knoes as duz bobbie maghee and missus maghee . lyke framptons camel thru the eye of the huricane.
everibodi lykes some kind of musik butt knot plam piklots. iff you put a black billhilly hatt on lonewulf hee luks lykr snuffy smif .

Spot In The Sky
06-19-2010, 01:53
Who is John Galt?

Jester2000
06-19-2010, 02:17
Well, it's finally happened. The infection has spread.

mrc237
06-19-2010, 04:12
my inglish is more gooder dan youse gyze

mrc237
06-19-2010, 04:12
so ize unnerstandz wots goin on in here

fiddlehead
06-19-2010, 05:51
Is the piklot from Winnie the Pooh?
My kid wants to know.

mweinstone
06-19-2010, 10:50
spell predujuse and spell racism and spell hatred and spell natzis dont make me laugh. how many times do you forget how to spell "is" or "when" or your name? it aint so funny when you would like to be as good a speller as say,...wordboy"camo jack"?one day when my art sells ill go to spelling and come back with enormouse words spelled correctly all over. and on that day, on that glorious day,...i will spell with the stars. my heros of spelling are,..in order of coolness,.....:
camo jack.

in other news,....i belive we are talking about old school hikeing without electronics. i wonder how many youngins aint ever done it. i have a new trick for you all to try. turn off your ringers and set your phones to one beep and vibrate. i have done this about a year now. heres what i learned. no one needs to contact you as a matter of life and death. most calls are annoying. phones suck in priciple.and not hearing allarms such as ringgers is important for our over taxed minds to relax. life with a scilent phone has been wonderful. i check it alot but never hear it. we have created a world of noises that bother the functions of the brain.thats why we dont hike in midtown manhaten.because quiet is as priceless as deodorant to pirate. as golden as gypsy to wolf. as precious as pretzle m&m's. and as worthy as tanks shoes and his shirt combined. only quiet can help us now. we have all been battered and fried with the horrid screechings of a world insane. hikers, shut up your phones and take a page from the book of tank. listen. you may hear one beep and feel a vibrating sensation but your not going to jump and run and fall running to answer a phone whos ringer was designed as a tourture for when waterboarding fails. imagine listening to a ringer for 24 hours. or talking continuosly on a cell for that period. its frightening how streesfilled thes devises are. lets return to a quiet time where folks can whisper sweet somethings in each others beer.

trailangelmary
06-19-2010, 12:00
I love this thread Matty and it makes me LMAO that others are showing their love and understanding of you to type somewhat like you. It's all good. And to reiterate your point. I read a report that excessive cell phone use does some bad things to your brain.

Gray Blazer
06-19-2010, 12:18
And to reiterate your point. I read a report that excessive cell phone use does some bad things to your brain.

so ... you shuld just stick with ascid?

johnnybgood
06-19-2010, 17:36
I love this thread Matty and it makes me LMAO that others are showing their love and understanding of you to type somewhat like you. It's all good. And to reiterate your point. I read a report that excessive cell phone use does some bad things to your brain.

so ... you shuld just stick with ascid?
laffin my ***terick off.

K2
06-19-2010, 18:59
are it a guy thang?

JAK
06-19-2010, 19:22
spell predujuse and spell racism and spell hatred and spell natzis dont make me laugh. how many times do you forget how to spell "is" or "when" or your name? it aint so funny when you would like to be as good a speller as say,...wordboy"camo jack"?one day when my art sells ill go to spelling and come back with enormouse words spelled correctly all over. and on that day, on that glorious day,...i will spell with the stars. my heros of spelling are,..in order of coolness,.....:
camo jack.

in other news,....i belive we are talking about old school hikeing without electronics. i wonder how many youngins aint ever done it. i have a new trick for you all to try. turn off your ringers and set your phones to one beep and vibrate. i have done this about a year now. heres what i learned. no one needs to contact you as a matter of life and death. most calls are annoying. phones suck in priciple.and not hearing allarms such as ringgers is important for our over taxed minds to relax. life with a scilent phone has been wonderful. i check it alot but never hear it. we have created a world of noises that bother the functions of the brain.thats why we dont hike in midtown manhaten.because quiet is as priceless as deodorant to pirate. as golden as gypsy to wolf. as precious as pretzle m&m's. and as worthy as tanks shoes and his shirt combined. only quiet can help us now. we have all been battered and fried with the horrid screechings of a world insane. hikers, shut up your phones and take a page from the book of tank. listen. you may hear one beep and feel a vibrating sensation but your not going to jump and run and fall running to answer a phone whos ringer was designed as a tourture for when waterboarding fails. imagine listening to a ringer for 24 hours. or talking continuosly on a cell for that period. its frightening how streesfilled thes devises are. lets return to a quiet time where folks can whisper sweet somethings in each others beer.

Truer words are never mispoken. Sell phones are but a meta for lives miss led. Lead us not into frustration in these daze of ringtonement. Loose your marbles but hold onto your beauties. Beauties worth two marbles, and will save the world. Crockies, worth five, but don't fit so well in pockets. When I'm an a-hole I look like this...

sbhikes
06-19-2010, 19:51
Spell nazis? There's a lot more going on in that bowl of word salad than a little creative spelling.

I will say that of those fully-formed, clear thoughts you did express I do agree. Too much technology on the trail does degrade the experience. But to each his own so long as they don't try to cram that technology down my throat and make me use it too.

Spot In The Sky
06-19-2010, 21:00
Spell nazis? There's a lot more going on in that bowl of word salad than a little creative spelling.

I will say that of those fully-formed, clear thoughts you did express I do agree. Too much technology on the trail does degrade the experience. But to each his own so long as they don't try to cram that technology down my throat and make me use it too.

If the camera is the new gun, is technology the new religion? ;)

JJJ
06-19-2010, 22:45
matthewski is a gnatchrul jean yus, nun can shine to his lite.

Gray Blazer
06-19-2010, 23:43
matthewski is a gnatchrul jean yus, nun can shine to his lite.

I asked for a bud lite.

Spokes
06-20-2010, 07:31

in other news,....i belive we are talking about old school hikeing without electronics. i wonder how many youngins aint ever done it.......

Does this involve wearing cotton tube socks too?

mrc237
06-20-2010, 08:20
Some folks react to their cell as if Henry Kissenger is calling for advice!

Buzz Saw
06-20-2010, 10:33
sorry but Ovaltine was Captain Midnight. 8885

TheTank
06-21-2010, 11:00
shut up your phones and take a page from the book of tank.

Yes, I agree, take a page from the book of me. Although my book would tell you to forget the phone completely. I am quite happy without one, that way no one can ever bother me, unless they actually take the trouble to find me in person.

D'Artagnan
06-21-2010, 14:21
I thought Jack's words were etched in stone... :D

turtle fast
06-21-2010, 14:49
With a chisel and two giant stone tablets? .....I remember a bearded guy on the Sinai Peninsula did the same thing a few years back....what was his name?

D'Artagnan
06-21-2010, 14:54
With a chisel and two giant stone tablets? .....I remember a bearded guy on the Sinai Peninsula did the same thing a few years back....what was his name?

You know, I heard about him. Seems he wore sandals and carried a carried a walking staff, too. :D

Gray Blazer
06-22-2010, 00:49
Holy Moses!!

sherrill
06-22-2010, 12:40

Chuck Heston.

Lone Wolf
06-22-2010, 12:46

lone wolf.....

K2
06-22-2010, 23:28

I know who you're talking about, but I don't know his trail name.

Amazing man! Do you know he hiked for forty years without mail drops?

JAK
06-23-2010, 07:48
I heard he wasn`t able to finish his thru.

sherrill
06-23-2010, 08:32
Amazing man! Do you know he hiked for forty years without mail drops?

Yeah, and he forded the Red Sea. No canoe.

Gray Blazer
06-23-2010, 21:40
I thought he parted the Kennebec.

TexasEd
06-25-2010, 11:19
He had three tablets but dropped and broke one.

Gray Blazer
06-25-2010, 12:35
He had three tablets but dropped and broke one.

That was Mel Brooks. :D