PDA

View Full Version : Free at last

walkin' wally
06-18-2010, 22:21
From the grateful dead; "What a long strange trip it's been." :eek:

Retired... I am burning through my vacations for the month of June and will be officially unemployed on July 1st. So another major turn in life has appeared.

I was supposed to travel to Georgia this past March. It didn't work out so I will leave in Mid March 2011. I hope to see a lot of you Whiteblazers on the trail and in Monson and thanks for all the info from this site.

Walkin' Wally

Mountain Wildman
06-18-2010, 22:23
Mid March 2011 is my plan as well.
See you there!!

mrc237
06-19-2010, 04:18
Wifey had her last day of work yesterday, officially retired next week.
I am interviewing her for a shuttle job.

Storm
06-19-2010, 09:00
Hope your years are full of adventures. Enjoy your retirement.

sbhikes
06-19-2010, 10:05
Lucky you! I may never get to retire. :(

walkin' wally
06-19-2010, 10:12
Wifey had her last day of work yesterday, officially retired next week.
I am interviewing her for a shuttle job.

Yeah sounds great. I am going to be a kept man from now on so that shuttle idea is a good one. ;)

walkin' wally
06-19-2010, 10:15
Lucky you! I may never get to retire. :(

Sounds like you have been quite busy just the same. I bet it is beautiful on the PCT.
By the way the older I got the faster retirement came.

mudhead
06-19-2010, 10:21
Good on you. She leaving you chore lists yet?:)

Shutterbug
06-19-2010, 11:07

Retired... I am burning through my vacations for the month of June and will be officially unemployed on July 1st. So another major turn in life has appeared.

I was supposed to travel to Georgia this past March. It didn't work out so I will leave in Mid March 2011. I hope to see a lot of you Whiteblazers on the trail and in Monson and thanks for all the info from this site.

Walkin' Wally

Retirement can be a blast. I am really enjoying it.

58starter
06-19-2010, 11:26
I retired last June and have completed 3 section hikes so far for about 130miles.
I am heading out again for 6 days on June 25th.
Enjoy your retirement. I will be doing sections again in late march next year. See you on the trail

walkin' wally
06-19-2010, 18:54
Good on you. She leaving you chore lists yet?:)

Ha Ha yeah. So far I've gone through those honey-to-do lists like a hot knife through butter. I hope she gets tired of making them before i run out of knives.

By the way How are the bugs out your way? It seems like there are less of them this year. At least where I have been. The large flies are out already and that seems like a couple of weeks early at least.

WalkinHome
06-19-2010, 19:17

Walkin' Wally

Hey Wally, Congratulations!!!!! I highly recommend the retirement gig. I must confess, as others will attest to, that I am very busy and wonder how I ever fitted in work LOL. Enjoy and if you need any retirement "lessons" give me a shout LOL. Keep plugging on your section in Monson, my wife and I gave up our section in favor of doing more corridor monitoring. We have the section we maintained and picked up one on the Shirley-Blanchard road. CYA

mudhead
06-19-2010, 19:23
Ha Ha yeah. So far I've gone through those honey-to-do lists like a hot knife through butter. I hope she gets tired of making them before i run out of knives.

She's just training you. The two word ones will hurt.
"Paint House." "Fix Shower." "Poke your finger in your eye." OK that last one was six words.:eek:

By the way How are the bugs out your way? It seems like there are less of them this year. At least where I have been. The large flies are out already and that seems like a couple of weeks early at least.

Pretty mild. Early for deer flies, but not thick yet. Mosquitos thick at first light if no wind. But not bug spray thick. Just complain about thick.

Ground is dry here. Streams low. WE tourists are thick.