PDA

View Full Version : Question about SPOT2 Messenger...just bought one...

nawlunz
06-19-2010, 16:40
and tried to send "send help" test to wife...Am I missing something here? Testing the "send help" to friends button, but it looks like I need to peel away the plastic button on top to get to the message button below to check if it turns green and sending...is this correct? Do I actually have to lift the plastic tab to send "Send help" message and "SOS" message...

From the brochure, I simply push it...

Phreak
06-19-2010, 20:35
and tried to send "send help" test to wife...Am I missing something here? Testing the "send help" to friends button, but it looks like I need to peel away the plastic button on top to get to the message button below to check if it turns green and sending...is this correct? Do I actually have to lift the plastic tab to send "Send help" message and "SOS" message...

From the brochure, I simply push it...
I don't own one but my understanding is the send help and 911 buttons are now covered to prevent accidental messages.

Mr.Keel
06-20-2010, 11:30
yes you peel back the button cover for sos and for help. although you don't necessarily need to test the help button, you can just test the check in/ok button.

crazyonelost
06-20-2010, 11:56
I know nothing about the spot unit,but my fire dept spent about 12 hours looking for a lost person in my hilly area. The signal kept moving around and we had searchers going around and round trying to find it.

We found out later, A unit in a store went off in the store and the coords were moving because the satilitte caouldn't get a fix. Yes, we called the store first and then they confirmed the units never went off. but found out later one was activate.

GRRR. Long night for me and other searchers