PDA

View Full Version : Camel's Hump from Providence RI this weekend

Tinker
06-21-2010, 23:23
I may have lost my hiking companions due to conflicting commitments. I'm driving up to visit a friend working on the mountain for the summer (and to get a little exercise). Leaving Fri. night around 6:00, camping somewhere in Vt. overnight and spending Sat.night on the mountain, returning mid-morning on Sun. At most one of my companions may show up last minute.:rolleyes:

Yukon
06-22-2010, 08:14
I don't think camping is allowed on Camel's hump...

joehiker22
06-22-2010, 10:41
I don't think camping is allowed on Camel's hump...
There are two shelters and a tenting area on camel's hump.
Hump brook tenting area and montclair glen lodge on the so. side, bamforth ridge shelter on the n. side.

joehiker22
06-22-2010, 10:42
Also, I may know your friend as I have worked for the gmc for a few years. (not currently though)

Yukon
06-22-2010, 10:44
There are two shelters and a tenting area on camel's hump.
Hump brook tenting area and montclair glen lodge on the so. side, bamforth ridge shelter on the n. side.

This I know already, but the way he made it sound was as if he was going to camp up on top of the mountain. At least that's how I read it...

Tinker
06-24-2010, 10:33
Also, I may know your friend as I have worked for the gmc for a few years. (not currently though)

She goes by "Peanut". She is a very nice young lady who I met while she was thruhiking the AT on the same pace with another hiking friend, Wrongway 08.

Hanging out with the younger folks makes me feel, well, less OLD at least. :(

BTW - To all, (speaking of getting old):
I will not be making the trip as my back has been having fits lately:(:(. I'm hoping to do it the weekend after the Fourth of July.

Mags
06-24-2010, 13:04
Sorry to hearthat. :(

Camels Hump is one of my favorite mountains in New England. One clear day, I could see lake Champlain, the Whites, north to Canada and south to where I've been.

No development and I only shared it with a handful of people.

Chenango
06-24-2010, 15:50
She goes by "Peanut". She is a very nice young lady who I met while she was thruhiking the AT on the same pace with another hiking friend, Wrongway 08.

Hanging out with the younger folks makes me feel, well, less OLD at least. :(

BTW - To all, (speaking of getting old):
I will not be making the trip as my back has been having fits lately:(:(. I'm hoping to do it the weekend after the Fourth of July.

Tinker - I may be available that weekend. Keep in touch.

sasquatch2014
06-25-2010, 10:49
Tinker - I may be available that weekend. Keep in touch.

I was hoping to run down for the Billville feed that weekend but if that doesn't work out I may make the run up. Would be good to see you guys again.

Peanut stopped in here on her way up and we had her hard at work all day in the swamp on the boardwalk. She said she really felt it the next day.

Chenango
07-03-2010, 06:05
Tinker - Are you still planing on Camel's Hump for next weekend? I am leaving for CT to visit my mom on Tuesday. If the hike is still on I will need to go in a separate car from my wife. Let me know before Tuesday if possible.

Have a good 4th.