PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my Lightheart today

trailangelbronco
06-22-2010, 22:40
Just ordered a Lightheart Solo. Pretty cool to be able to choose which color i wanted (forest green). And then, the owner emailed me right away and asked me which color floor did I want! (Tan). Forest green with Tan floor sounds pretty cool to me.

So, I have a custom 27 ounce shelter being shipped and I am pretty jacked! I will post a review soon as I have a few trips coming up.

Mountain Wildman
06-22-2010, 23:47
It is awesome to be able to choose the color, Stephenson offers that option as well but their tents are expensive!!
Good luck with your new tent.

trailangelbronco
06-23-2010, 13:01
My non hiking wife thought that this tent was expensive. This ultralight stuff does get spendy.

Mountain Wildman
06-23-2010, 14:12
My non hiking wife thought that this tent was expensive. This ultralight stuff does get spendy.

Yes it does!!
My Stephenson weighs over 3 pounds which I don't consider to be Ultralight, Especially since it cost over 500, But, When Stephenson designed it back in the 70's, It was probably the lightest 2 person, 4 season tent you could buy. Still fairly light considering it's capabilities.

trailangelbronco
06-23-2010, 14:55
That was really light, back in the 70s! Heck, still light for today compared to the main stream tents out there.

Don H
06-23-2010, 21:45
Thinking about getting one myself.

gopher
06-24-2010, 07:37
I have one! It seems like the ultimate thru hikers tent to me. I am stoked every time I use it. March 2011 will find me on the trail.

mad4scrapping
06-28-2010, 11:10
I ordered one on Saturday also. I received an e-mail later that day saying it had been shipped-- on Saturday. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

trailangelbronco
06-28-2010, 11:14
Judy is really on top of customer service.

mad4scrapping
06-28-2010, 11:46
I bought both the Lunar Solo and the Lightheart and I am taking them both on the trail to try them out. My daughter is going with me so we will each try the tents.

Slayer
06-29-2010, 17:35
Ordered mine today! Can't wait....

mountainman
06-29-2010, 18:00
I have one and love it ..Light , goes up quick. lots of room and head space.

skinewmexico
06-29-2010, 19:53
That was really light, back in the 70s! Heck, still light for today compared to the main stream tents out there.

There was a lot of light stuff in the 70's. Then internals came along and ruined it all.

trailangelbronco
07-02-2010, 15:19
Set up my Lightheart Solo today. It was super easy, ten minutes.

Two Pics HERE (http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/sincitybronco/Light%20Heart%20Tent/) Set up loose and yes, my backyard is dying from having a new patio poured.

I love the Forest Green with Tan floor. Also, alot of room for a Solo tent/27 ounces!
I'm taking out hiking this weekend and will take some more pics then. Supposed to rain tonight so will see how it does.

mad4scrapping
07-07-2010, 22:20
I got this tent last week and tried it out on the SNP. Awesome. I love the configuration, which gives me just enough room on all four sides of my sleeping bag to keep my stuff organized. It was hotter than Hades so I slept with the rainfly tucked on top. Loved the views at night.
Great tent!:banana

Mountain Wildman
07-07-2010, 22:26
Is that the 20" or 25" NeoAir?

thelowend
07-08-2010, 00:22
I am looking into one myself. I also was excited to see they have a patent pending design on a cuben fiber Lightheart solo. I hope they get it into production soon or start taking orders.. Its only 13.8 oz! Has to be some sort of record for a double wall..

HockeyGirl
07-22-2010, 07:19
Got mine a couple weeks ago and have only had it out on an overnight trip so far but all seems good.
Customer service was great - very nice people.

Took me a couple minutes to set up and work out how to get the height where I wanted it, but good ventilation and no condensation when I woke up :)
Also did well in moderate rain.

Will be taking it out for 3 nights next week and can't wait to see how it does.

pistol p
01-03-2011, 23:14
I know I am opening an old thread, but some info is needed.

I am wondering if any of you that have this tent are tall. I'm 6'5", and I want to know how comfortable this tent would be. I can tell that the width and height would be fine, but I am concerned about the length.I don't want my head stuck way into the corner.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks much.

Pete

darkage
01-03-2011, 23:58
Being that i was curious and have just about all but settled on this tent for my 2012 thru ... here's the spec'd for the custom solo ... http://lightheartgear.com/LightHeart_Gear/solo_specs.html

Unless i did something wrong, 133 inches is 11 feet .... more than enough room ...

Persistent
01-04-2011, 23:08
Pistol P,
First I have a few questions for you (and sorry if I'm being too personal) - Do you sleep on you back, side, or stomach? What kind of sleeping pad do you use? What sleeping bag to you use?
Darkage is correct; the length of the tent is 133 inches or about 11 feet. Due to the diamond shape of the floor, the tips are relegated to use for storage. But the key design feature of the LightHeart Solo is that it is a true double wall tent - so you can touch the inside walls of the tent with little fear of getting wet from condensation. If you are perfectly centered in the middle of the tent, calculations would show that there is about 20 inches from the floor to the ridge line at your feet and head. But there is no reason not to skooch down toward the foot end of the tent to give you a little added headroom. Of course you must account for the depth of your sleeping pad and the loft of your bag for the best location for sleeping. I must say that this tent is ideal for side and stomach sleepers as there is so much extra floor space in the middle of the tent. But even for tall guys like you, there is plenty of room if you sleep on your back. I hope this helps but don't be afraid to contact us if you have further questions.
Marc Penansky
LightHeart Gear

pistol p
01-06-2011, 23:50
Marc,

Not very many questions are too personal for me ;)

I am an all over sleeper...side, back, stomach, head, you name it.

My head or feet (sz 14) will hit the netting on most tents, which sucks.

Normally I will use a 3/4 pad. Either a Prolite 4 or a Z-rest.

That, and a syn or down mummy, long.

The major concern I would have is the head room. I don't want to feel like my head is stuck in a hole. I think the tents look great, and I am very interested in purchasing one of them.

-Pete

trailangelbronco
01-07-2011, 00:38
I slept in this tent over 25 nights in 2010. Will give a short review below.

Hot Weather: With the fly rolled up at the top, the breeze was a blessed gift. Spent on night above Hell's Canyon in Idaho, on the edge of the seven devils, with the best tent view I have ever experienced. So much mesh, I sat there and looked from Idaho , into Oregon and watched the sun go down.

Wet Weather. Got stuck in the rain about six nights and a few afternoons, mostly in the Sawtooth mountains. Two nights were at 8,000 ft with no tree cover. 35 mile per hour wind and driving rain, and stayed bone dry. The double wall tent does it's job and the room in there for a one person tent is awesome. So much head and footroom, and that is with my Deuter 65+10 pack next to me. I sleep on my side and toss and turn, no lack of room and no wet spots. The tent held up great in the wind.

Carrying the tent is great too. Small and light, it goes in my mesh side pocket on my pack, and forget it is there. No tent poles to mess with, and the fabric is plenty durable. Judy made me custom colors, forest green with a tan floor.

This is the very best shelter that I have ever owned, and I have used tarps as well as brand name tents. If you use hiking poles, get this tent and don't look back.