PDA

View Full Version : Countrywide Hiking with temps not too hot or freezing

SerenitySeeker
06-23-2010, 14:55
Is there a place in this country that I could hike any time of year and not face below freezing or over, either , say, 80 or 90 degrees. flexible on the details of high or low but in general...anyone have this info in their ready...im a very limited experienced hiker...looking to change that...

Adayak
06-23-2010, 15:02
San Francisco Bay area is generally consistent 60-70 degrees... I mean there are hot days and some really cold ones, but most months of the year you're set.

SerenitySeeker
06-23-2010, 16:42
That is a point i hadnt thought of, san fran area though level temps has the most precipitation doesnt it

Ranc0r
06-23-2010, 16:43
Inclined treadmill or indoor running track at the gym, perhaps?

Are you looking to relocate, so you can hike year round? If you are a very inexperienced hiker, why would you move just to hike? Hiking is walking, and you can generally do that where you are (of course, you usually end up somewhere else, but I guess you can walk in circles). Unless you're on a very small island, in a swamp, or perched on a mountainside or up in a tree, you should be able to head out your front door and get all the hiking experience your immediate surroundings have to offer.

HYOH, start here.

Ranc0r

Ender
06-23-2010, 17:15
Hawaii, maybe?

Cookerhiker
06-23-2010, 23:12
The Olympic National Park (http://www.nps.gov/olym/) rainforest in Washington State. But you'll have a lot of rain! Or at least a lot of rainy drizzly days. In summer you can also hike Olympic's higher elevations.

Redwood National Park in CA is another possibility.