PDA

View Full Version : Six Moon Designs

Boonga
11-07-2004, 12:07
Lunar Shelter: just got back from a visit with Ron at Three Moon Designs. I tried out the new Lunar tent..liked it so much I bought one. There is lots of room. Two people can sit in it and play cards: lots of head room. There is mesh all the way around, so if you roll around when you sleep, you will hit the mesh and NOT the tarp.

He is working on some other surprises that will be out in March. I don't know the protocal for mentioning the new gear he is working on, so I will not say anything more. Just watch his web site.

Lilred
11-07-2004, 12:20
Lunar Shelter: just got back from a visit with Ron at Three Moon Designs. I tried out the new Lunar tent..liked it so much I bought one. There is lots of room. Two people can sit in it and play cards: lots of head room. There is mesh all the way around, so if you roll around when you sleep, you will hit the mesh and NOT the tarp.

He is working on some other surprises that will be out in March. I don't know the protocal for mentioning the new gear he is working on, so I will not say anything more. Just watch his web site.

I bought one with the heavier floor. Hoping to receive it soon. I think he's shipping it out this week. Can't wait to get it!!

stickat04
11-07-2004, 12:24
I also ordered one with the heavier floor. Hope to get it soon.

tlbj6142
11-08-2004, 10:48
I like his new trade-up program. What a great idea. Certainly helps build brand loyalty.

Kerosene
11-08-2004, 13:12
I like his new trade-up program. What a great idea. Certainly helps build brand loyalty.The trade-up current is from the old-style Europa tent. Click here (http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/tradeup.asp) for the web page.

tlbj6142
11-08-2004, 14:46
I understand the program. I think it is a great idea. I assume it will be contined.

You can also trade up to a lunar solo from the europa and trade up the moonlite to a starlite.

Kerosene
11-08-2004, 16:02
Sorry, Yellow Jacket, I was curious about the trade-up program, found the web page, and linked to it for others who may be interested.

tlbj6142
11-09-2004, 10:52
No problem.

Boonga
11-09-2004, 11:24
I think you will really like the tent. Mine has the heavier floor too. It only weighs 2 oz. more. I liked the Europa, but the Lunar has much more mesh and I am hoping it will circulate the air more. I tried on his backpack with a vest attached instead of straps, but the vest didn't fit me. I wear a mesh fishing vest anyway. I love all the pockets to put my "must reach" items in.

Lilred
11-09-2004, 19:57
I think you will really like the tent. Mine has the heavier floor too. It only weighs 2 oz. more. I liked the Europa, but the Lunar has much more mesh and I am hoping it will circulate the air more. I tried on his backpack with a vest attached instead of straps, but the vest didn't fit me. I wear a mesh fishing vest anyway. I love all the pockets to put my "must reach" items in.

My tent was shipped out today. I'm going on an overnight this weekend with Model 'T' and others and I'm hoping it arrives by Friday.

Other than the vest not fitting right, what did you think about the new backpack? Would it hold the 35lbs he claims it will? I'm looking to lighten up my pack and have been going back and forth between the Starlight or the ULA-P2.

GolfHiker
12-14-2004, 20:03
I'm heading onto the AT ( Roan Mt., Tn.) in mid Jan., and expecting some cold nights. I'm a relative newbie to single wall tents, and a little concerned about using my Lunar Solo for this winter hike. Any thoughts or experience would be helpful... I really want to take the LS, since I like it for weight, etc., but don't want to be too light & freeze. Btw, my other choice would be a NF Canyonland. Thanks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lilred
12-14-2004, 20:54
I'm heading onto the AT ( Roan Mt., Tn.) in mid Jan., and expecting some cold nights. I'm a relative newbie to single wall tents, and a little concerned about using my Lunar Solo for this winter hike. Any thoughts or experience would be helpful... I really want to take the LS, since I like it for weight, etc., but don't want to be too light & freeze. Btw, my other choice would be a NF Canyonland. Thanks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You'll be in for a lot of condensation. You'll have to keep the vestibule closed up to keep in warmth and that will cause condensation. The Lunar is cool tho cause of all the mesh, you'll not bump into wet walls. Wipe the walls down with a bandana in the morning and that should save you a lot of wet. It'll be cold. If you're unsure, it's always best to err on the side of caution.

Kerosene
12-15-2004, 15:49
Wipe the walls down with a bandana in the morning...Try using half of a sponge instead!