PDA

View Full Version : Hot Days and Long Road Walk Detours.

sasquatch2014
06-26-2010, 16:43
I have had a few folks ask me about the big road walk detour due to construction on the RT 7 bridge up near Falls Village CT. I do not know when this project will end but if you hit it early enough or late enough to get through the work zone. I do not know what the condition of the AT on the north side of the detour is as this has been in place for almost two years now. Any info on trail condition north of the detour?

tdoczi
06-26-2010, 19:45
about a month ago i just walked across the bridge through the construction zone (didnt even realize i was supposed to detour until later, its signed horribly.). the trail on that side of the river is fine, most of it is part of the river walk so lots of people are using it still and i assume its still well maintained.

lysol
06-26-2010, 20:41
I concur. I've hiked that section three times since they've started the bridge work. Just walk across the bridge and nod politely to the workers. It isn't a big deal and nobody seems to mind.

Great swimming at the falls just north of there!

Lone Wolf
06-26-2010, 20:47
I have had a few folks ask me about the big road walk detour due to construction on the RT 7 bridge up near Falls Village CT.

define "big road walk".
back in the day we walked the cumberland valley on the roads for 18 miles. loved it. bring em back

furthur
07-26-2010, 14:48
was told to walk to bridge and hitch across. since there is a light, traffic must stop in both directions(N and S). then get out and you'll miss 200 yds of whiteblaze but save 2 miles of dangerous road walk on the orange blaze detour . got picked up by motorcycle NOBO and got off at 1st left to falls village.

10-K
07-26-2010, 15:02
Like a good soldier I followed instructions and it is definitely a sketchy roadwalk in places.

On the plus side you pass a really cool cemetery.

Tin Man
07-26-2010, 15:24
define "big road walk".
back in the day we walked the cumberland valley on the roads for 18 miles. loved it. bring em back

don't know about cumberland valley, but my feet did not like all that pavement on the 'big road walk' from VT thru Hanover. although i did find the folks in hanover, ahh, amusing as some chose to sneer as we walked by.

Lugnut
07-26-2010, 15:52
don't know about cumberland valley, but my feet did not like all that pavement on the 'big road walk' from VT thru Hanover. although i did find the folks in hanover, ahh, amusing as some chose to sneer as we walked by.

Apparently they had heard about you. :p

Tin Man
07-26-2010, 15:53
Apparently they had heard about you. :p

It's okay, we sneered first! ;)

bigmac_in
02-03-2011, 21:45
It's okay, we sneered first! ;)

Doesn't that just figure.