PDA

View Full Version : Cody Ludin from Dual Survival

Amigi'sLastStand
06-28-2010, 13:53
Does anyone know if he has posted here? There used to be a guy, Wookie I think, that used to post here. His name is no longer listed in the registry.

Anyway, some of the statements Cody has made on the show, this guy Wookie used to use all the time:

"Dirt-time"
"Mother Nature always wins"

Wookie also was a survival teacher, and from what I remember, hated shoes... Just like Cody.

Anyone know if these two are one in the same?

Jeff
06-28-2010, 13:58
Are you thinking of Nate Olive aka Tha Wookie?

Here is his website:

http://www.thawookie.com/

Lone Wolf
06-28-2010, 15:23
Does anyone know if he has posted here? There used to be a guy, Wookie I think, that used to post here. His name is no longer listed in the registry.

Anyway, some of the statements Cody has made on the show, this guy Wookie used to use all the time:

"Dirt-time"
"Mother Nature always wins"

Wookie also was a survival teacher, and from what I remember, hated shoes... Just like Cody.

Anyone know if these two are one in the same?

nope. ain't tha wookie. http://www.codylundin.com/

Sierra Echo
06-28-2010, 15:31
Is this a good show? Ive been meaning to catch it, but it just I keep forgetting to watch it!

bloodmountainman
06-28-2010, 16:05
Is this a good show? Ive been meaning to catch it, but it just I keep forgetting to watch it!

I saw it for the first time this past week( I really need to get a life!) I liked the show and kept wondering where I had seen this Cody character before. I checked out his website and There it was..... the cover of "Backpacker" magazine from 1999. He wrote the "Dirtbag Manifesto" in that issue.

Sierra Echo
06-28-2010, 16:10
I saw it for the first time this past week( I really need to get a life!) I liked the show and kept wondering where I had seen this Cody character before. I checked out his website and There it was..... the cover of "Backpacker" magazine from 1999. He wrote the "Dirtbag Manifesto" in that issue.

WOW!
I just looked on his website and saw his pic.
He looks like he is the "dog the bounty hunter" of hiking!

Phreak
06-28-2010, 20:47
I've watched every episode so far and I enjoy it. But I enjoy any show that deals with the outdoors.

daddytwosticks
06-29-2010, 07:40
Instead of "Dual Survival", how about the "Odd Couple Survivalists"...two unlikely guys trying to survive the wilderness...:)

Nean
06-29-2010, 10:11
Whatever did become of Tha Wookie? I kinda miss setting him straight.:D

Tipi Walter
06-29-2010, 10:17
Couch potatoes just need to hang up the remote and get their butts outside for a couple weeks. Just call it voyeurism and be done with it: Spying on people engaged in wilderness behaviors.

Pickleodeon
06-29-2010, 10:31
I like the show, I've watched 2 episodes of it. It's interesting. I like it better than Bear Grylls- not so over the top.. they seem more "real" like Les Stroud.

bloodmountainman
06-29-2010, 16:19
Couch potatoes just need to hang up the remote and get their butts outside for a couple weeks. Just call it voyeurism and be done with it: Spying on people engaged in wilderness behaviors.

Some of us have careers and family. Getting out for "a couple of weeks" is not possible for everyone.

Sierra Echo
07-03-2010, 07:45
OK so I watched this show for the first time last night. I learned some interesting things. I didn't know so many car parts could be important/used in a survival situation.
Watching and listening to Cody squelch out barf made me a bit naueseous. And I had to close my eyes for the animal part. But other then that I enjoyed it. I found the sandal making part fascinating.

Wrangler88
07-03-2010, 09:17
OK so I watched this show for the first time last night. I learned some interesting things. I didn't know so many car parts could be important/used in a survival situation.
Watching and listening to Cody squelch out barf made me a bit naueseous. And I had to close my eyes for the animal part. But other then that I enjoyed it. I found the sandal making part fascinating.

Yeah, I watched it for the first time last night as well. The barf scene was pretty intense. I enjoyed how real the show was (seemed). And Cody seemed like a pretty cool guy.

I'm not a big fan of Man vs. Wild (although I'll watch it every now and then.) I'd say after one episode of Dual Survival, my favorite would be Survivorman, Dual Survival, and then Man vs. Wild. All entertaining in their own way.

innermountain
07-03-2010, 09:31
I agree - Survivorman is very authentic, while Man vs Wild is cool but is that really the paradigm we want going out to the masses (man versus nature?). I'm looking forward to seeing Dual Survival.

Ol Mole
07-04-2010, 08:27
I found Cody's use of the plastic sheet and space blanket to capture the fire's heat very interesting in the Nova Scotia show. I wonder if that worked because of the precise angle that the space blanket was hung, or whether it would work in general.

The show is interesting and a welcome relief from the reruns of the other survival shows.