PDA

View Full Version : Issues in Johnson: High water & Long Trail Tavern closed

NorthCountryWoods
06-29-2010, 11:54
Spoke with a couple thru hikers and as of yesterday the Lamoille river was very high and the foot bridge could not be accessed from VT Route 15. They had to back track and go around to Hogback Road.

Weather report indicates the water level should drop back to normal in a few days, but you never know up here. Use caution.

Also noticed the Long Trail Tavern was boarded up. Not sure what happened there.

Yukon
06-29-2010, 13:15
Thanks for the updates, you always provide good info on the norther part of the LT :)

NorthCountryWoods
06-29-2010, 19:09
Unfortunately, it's all hearsay and weather observations.....haven't been on the trail since March.:datz

Yukon
06-30-2010, 07:19
Unfortunately, it's all hearsay and weather observations.....haven't been on the trail since March.:datz

I think it's time you get out there then buddy :D

Landshark
06-30-2010, 08:33
The water was high near Rt 15 when I did that section in 2008 too. There were notes in neighboring shelters of how to ford the floodplain but NO THANKS! The roadwalk detour isn't too bad. At least 3 cars stopped to offer me a ride.

NorthCountryWoods
07-02-2010, 13:27
Did some scouting for fish below the footbridge this morning and the water level appears back to normal.