PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Here I Come

DuctTape
06-29-2010, 21:16
Look for me on The Colorado Trail starting from Denver in late July!

Lyle
06-29-2010, 21:47
Good Hiking DuctTape.

Been following your adventures ever since I found your Crazy Guy On A Bike journal a few years back.

I enjoy your journals, and you photography is great. What camera are you using now?

Hiked from Silverton most of the way to Wolf Creek Pass along the CDT, including part of the Weminuche years ago. BEAUTIFUL country. Colorado Trail is on my short list, so, once again, I'm envious of your travels. Counting down three more years and some change to my retirement!!!

Best of Luck.

double d
06-29-2010, 23:10
Good luck, the Colorado Trail is outstanding, great views and it will get your lungs in shape for sure, as your headed to the best state in the Union (just don't tell anyone, outside of Mags that is!).

DuctTape
06-30-2010, 00:44
Lyle, funny you should ask - I have a sweet new Nikon D5000 sitting in UPS transit somewhere in Phoenix right now. I've been using a D40.

I've never set foot on a trail in the best state in the Union, though I rode a bicycle through Breck and Frisco, Silverton, etc. This will be my first long solo trip since the LT in 07 and I'm stoked!

double d
06-30-2010, 06:54
Have fun, spending time during the summer in Colorado, life can't get much better then that.

longhiker
06-30-2010, 11:32
Two of us will be starting out from Denver in late july as well! Maybe we'll see you on the trail .. we'll be taking the early days easy though with the elevation and all.

Nean
06-30-2010, 22:51
yall give me a shout when you get to Durango if you feel like hanging out in Pagosa for a day or two afterwards. I've got a free hiker hostel when I'm around.:)

Mags
06-30-2010, 23:08
I'm biased..but I kinda like Colorado. :)

Enjoy!