PDA

View Full Version : looking for female hiking pal....

hopefull2010
06-30-2010, 22:06
Anyone interested in doing 2-3 weeks of hiking in October? Was thinking of starting at Harper's Ferry and travleing south. Not a fast hiker,,, just one that loves the fall season and having fun!.. any takers?:-?

Liv2Ride
07-01-2010, 07:56
Would be nice but there's an annoying thing called work that seems to always get in the way of anything more than just a few days. Vacation time is commited to spending time with family. I'm sure that someone will respond though. Good luck and enjoy.

HawksLanding
08-18-2010, 14:20
I might be interested, I'm in VA about 1 1/2 hrs from Harpers Ferry -- couldnt take 2 or 3 weeks tho, maybe a week...slow and fun is good...

Missadventure
08-29-2010, 17:18
Hi,
I am taking off work the last week of October, and am starting to plan a hike through SNP - maybe having 5-6 days of hiking - for that week. Not a backpacker, so I plan to use shuttles or else find a partner and have two cars, leaving the trail at end of each day to eat, refill supplies, sleep.
If you are interested in hiking then, I would be happy to have a hiking companion on any day/days I am on the trail.
I have been section hiking since around 2007, and have completed Pa, MD, WV, and (hopefully) NJ soon.
Karen

tiptoe
08-29-2010, 20:39
I may be hiking that route in October, too, and but can't commit to a specific time yet. Generally i hike alone, though.

ShoelessWanderer
09-08-2010, 13:25
Can't join you, but if you need a shuttle let me know. As long as it's not the 2nd week in October I can help you out. (I'll be hiking the GA section that week :)

Missadventure
09-08-2010, 17:02
Regarding shuttles, any suggestions on shuttles in the SNP area? I did check with Mountain and Valley Shuttle for their information, but wondering what else is around there? I know the ATC has a shuttle information area on their website, but wondering if anyone has some personal experiences with shuttles that worked out well.
Thanks.
Karen

Kayakhiker
10-16-2010, 21:05
Hi,
I just joined this forum and am looking for a hiking buddy/buddies for local hikes. I hike the AT in various places- Taconic Ridge, Berkshires, Fahnestock, etc. along with other trails. I'm 53, but age isn't that important. I hike at a moderate rate, but like to looking at/ identify plants and take breaks. Diana