PDA

View Full Version : Places to watch World Cup Final?

Mr.Keel
07-02-2010, 15:05
I am starting my NOBO Thru on July 6th and was wondering if I could find a place to watch the world cup final on July 11th. So I was wondering if there was any know "hiker friendly" sports bars (if there is such a thing) around Cherry Log, Blue Ridge or FS 64 at Watson Gap.

kinda off topic..but,
NETHERLANDS BEAT BRAZIL:banana

fiddlehead
07-02-2010, 19:50
The Argentina vs Germany game may be better than whatever final comes out of it.

I can't imagine you'll find a whole lot of interested locals in THAT neck of the woods.
But you never know.

Sierra Echo
07-02-2010, 19:51
Go watch it at wal-mart! You can even bring you a lawn chair
in from the gardening dept.

wcgornto
07-02-2010, 20:08
I am starting my NOBO Thru on July 6th ...

Really? A NOBO thru hike starting in July? Why not SOBO? Will you be able to finish NOBO with winter weather ... Baxter Park closed ... Katahdin likely closed, etc.? Or are you planning a three month hike? Just curious.

thestin
07-02-2010, 20:30
I think the OP is doing the Benton MacKaye trail, not the AT.

wcgornto
07-02-2010, 20:34
I think the OP is doing the Benton MacKaye trail, not the AT.

Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!! I guess I should have observed which forum the original post was in.

SGT Rock
07-03-2010, 06:48
There are some B&Bs in the Cherry Log/Blue Ridge area/ You may not have the same atmosphere as a bar, but you could probably get beer and watch the games.

Mr.Keel
07-03-2010, 18:30
Go watch it at wal-mart! You can even bring you a lawn chair
in from the gardening dept
You know I just might do that. Shouldn't be too hard to find a walmart. I used to watch entire movies on displays at circuit city with a couch, surround sound and big hdtv.

You may not have the same atmosphere as a bar, but you could probably get beer and watch the games
Don't really mind alcohol not being available as I am under age. However I wouldn't mind sinking my teeth into a cheeseburger and a shake.