PDA

View Full Version : Pendants on ebay

attroll
11-09-2004, 03:50
wbdent Fishinfred has posted some pendants on ebay for sale. I don't know what they can be used for. I suppose as a necklace, ear rings, key chain or what ever you can think of. But the reason I meantioned it is because he also posted that for everyone he sells he will donate $1 towards WhiteBlaze.net. That was pretty nice to have him offer that. I just thought I would point this out in case anyone wanted to check them out.

wbdent I also need to say in no way does WhiteBlaze.net endorse this or have anything to do with the sale of this item. I am simply pointing this out for those that are interested and I would like to thank Fishinfred for offering to donate some of the proceeds to WHiteBlaze.net.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5933448334&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

MedicineMan
11-09-2004, 06:59
just nabbed three for stocking stuffers

JimSproul
11-09-2004, 11:29
i bought some too!

SalParadise
11-10-2004, 00:59
A lot of cool stuff.

Pecan
11-10-2004, 02:02
How do you tell if you're looking at a northbound whiteblaze or a southbound? I'd hate to get lost after staring at one of them pendents.

Youngblood
11-10-2004, 11:26
How do you tell if you're looking at a northbound whiteblaze or a southbound? ...

That's a good question and one that people sometimes have trouble with. :) Should they be different? Maybe they could paint arrow-heads on the blaze so that nobo is an up arrow and sobo is a down arrow?

Youngblood

Streamweaver
11-10-2004, 12:38
They look like they would be great zipper pulls for packs and jackets etc. Streamweaver

Percival
11-10-2004, 14:29
Maybe they could paint arrow-heads on the blaze so that nobo is an up arrow and sobo is a down arrow?
No, I like the plain old white blazes. If you confuse a NOBO white blaze for a SOBO on a medallion and end up on skid row, that's just your tuff luk you'll have to drink some cheap wine till you find your way home. :p

Youngblood
11-10-2004, 16:09
No, I like the plain old white blazes. If you confuse a NOBO white blaze for a SOBO on a medallion and end up on skid row, that's just your tuff luk you'll have to drink some cheap wine till you find your way home. :p

I remember one morning when I felt that way. I didn't have maps with me at the time and was traveling alone. I took the sidetrail to a shelter and stayed the night. The next morning when I hiked back to the trail, I couldn't for the live of me remember if I turned left or right when I went to the shelter. I fiddled around hiking one way and then the other for a hundred yards or so looking for something to jar my memory. No luck, I finally picked a direction and started hiking... I was lucky, it was the way I wanted to go. I have seen a few folks that got turned around and hiked a few miles in the wrong direction. But that is part of the adventure... it's good for a laugh after things have worked out. I think for the next few days I marked the nobo direction at the shelter sidetrails.

Youngblood

fishinfred
11-11-2004, 20:36
I just had to reply on this ....last summer I was hiking in the dark when I came to the Jones Falls side Trail and I couldnt pass it up,so I stashed my pack and wandered down to get a look and some water for a late dinner...when I got back to the trail I did the same thing ....did I turn right or left to go down the side trail??? after turning around in circles ,pacing back & forth ,for the life of me I couldnt remember .....I actually had to get my Wingfoot book out and figure out if I was climbing or desending when I got to Jones falls ...well I figured it out ....but after reading that last post and laughing my ass off.... Im thinking maybe my next batch of Whiteblaze Pendants should have a mini compass mounted on the backside .It was a good thing I had the book with me.Id also like to thank you all for the support ...hope you enjoy these as much as I do making them ,this offer for the donations will stand until I leave for Florida in Jan ,Mostly I thought these would be a great way to show you support whiteblaze.net as Im not selling them "whatsoever" except with this donation offer .
See Ya up the trail.....
"Even when Im not hiking.... the Trail is always on my mind"
Fishinfred 2005:clap

fishinfred
11-12-2004, 00:18
F.Y.I. I have just added a WHITEBLAZE.NET Window Sticker to the Ebay offer too.
FF

attroll
11-12-2004, 13:36
Hey fishinfred

I see the attachment in your last post. What size is that sticker?

fishinfred
11-12-2004, 14:53
Hey fishinfred

I see the attachment in your last post. What size is that sticker?
These are small window stickers about 1"x 5" overall and they're free with the pendants too.
Thanks!
FF

fishinfred
11-14-2004, 00:21
Hey
I have made a bunch of these Pendants (like the WhiteBlaze ones ) except with the AT on them and would like to make this same donation offer for the Trail Maintainers,who do you think best deserves these donations and who would be the best person to get in contact with? Any Ideas..........My first thought is Bob Peoples .I'd appriciate any input on this idea .Thanks !!
Fishinfred

FatMan
11-14-2004, 15:25
Just purchased three.

attroll
11-14-2004, 18:08
I was wondering is the WhiteBlaze on both sides of the pendant or just one one side?

fishinfred
11-14-2004, 21:50
The Whiteblaze is Sanblasted (carved right into the wood on one side and the backside is Flat) ,Mostly great for necklace,earings,hang from your pack ,or car mirror ....hang it anywhere you 'd like to..but not where it is going to get beat up as Redwood is very soft and delecate and lite ; ) .Key chains are fine as long as you dont carry a hundred keys .
I could make these with the AT on the other side(like some others I make that are 2" Dia) but the would have to be thicker ....if anyone would like something like that they can let me know .
Thanks
Fishinfred

attroll
11-16-2004, 01:18
I got my pendant today. I like them. They are pretty lite. I have a question about them though. Maybe someone can help. I was thinking of using it on a zipper. But I am afraid the screw on the end will unscrew. Is there a way to keep that from happening. Can you put epoxy of supper glue in the hole and then screw the loop back in and have that work?

fishinfred
11-16-2004, 11:20
You could do that(with the glue) and that will keep the screw from getting loose
but I still wouldnt pull directly on the pendant when zipping.These pendants were made for mostly necklace /earings or just hanging off whatever ,I can make some especially for the zipper pull (more thicker with a bigger eye hook)
if anyone requests them I'll make em!
Also please note ... I relisted the offer on ebay with the sample photo of the WhiteBlaze window sticker so it may be a different link ,you can find it looking under fishinfred2 on the ebay search .I will try and get the link posted later today
Thanks
Fishinfred

attroll
11-16-2004, 13:11
Here is your listing fishinfred:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5935321171&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

fishinfred
11-17-2004, 10:53
Thanks Troll

I have to relist my Ebay items every week so we'll have to post a new link everytime the WhiteBlaze pendants are relisted,and I will keep this offer going until I leave in Jan.If for any reason a link isnt posted in the future you can locate these by searching Ebay: Fishinfred2 this will get you to all my items that are up for auction/sale as well as the Pendants.My thanks to those who have supported so far !
:clap
Fishinfred

fishinfred
11-18-2004, 21:39
F.Y.I. Due to the requests ,I have now made the AT Pendants available with the WHITEBLAZE Pendants and you now have a choice of eithor Pendants and the $1 donation will apply YOU ALSO GET A WHITEBLAZE WINDOW STICKER with each purchase . I will run this donation offer for WhiteBlaze.net until the end of the year(or run out,get em while they last)) ,Please take the time to check these out they are individually hand made from recycled Redwood that otherwise would have been wasted .Great gift and a great way to show your support.
Thanks again!
HAPPY TRAILS!
Fishinfred

fishinfred
11-20-2004, 02:00
For you folks that bought your Pendants before I put the free Whiteblaze sticker offer up ,send me an email and I'll get your stickers out to you .Thanks again!
Fishinfred

attroll
11-21-2004, 14:26
I just recieved some cach from Fishinfred from his sales of AT pendants and he added free window stickers with the pendants. Kool. Thanks for send some of your profits to WhiteBlaze Fred.

Miss Janet
11-21-2004, 15:22
I have plans for these new small pendants! Everyone will be seeing these all along the trail next year! These are great Fred! It is really a nice gesture to donate some of the proceeds to good causes including Whiteblaze and the Trail clubs. If ever hiker gave back a just little in time, effort and $ it would be great!

fishinfred
11-22-2004, 13:00
Thanks Miss Janet for the nice response ,you are the "Queen Angel" of the Trail in my book! I regret to say tho that with only 20 hrs left on the Ebay listing this week (been on almost 7 days ) not 1 Pendant has sold this week :confused: , and since I made these "WhiteBlaze Pendants" especially for all the Whiteblazers I hope they will do better in the future ,especially since I added the "WhiteBlaze sticker" and also have now included the "AT Pendants" with the offer too....
Your Xmas Ornament and other "Goodies " are on the way!!! Thanks again Miss Janet for ALL you do !!!!:clap
Fishinfred

fishinfred
11-23-2004, 12:56
Ive relisted the WhiteBlaze & AT Pendants on Ebay the new item # is 5937337893. If someone knows how to add the link to it here to make it easier to get to .....Thanks !

Fishinfred

The Old Fhart
11-23-2004, 13:14
WhiteBlaze Pendants (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5937337893)

fishinfred
11-23-2004, 13:25
I thank you much!! I'll figure it out some day ....:-?

Fishinfred

fishinfred
11-24-2004, 20:14
My Website http://Fishinfreds.com now has more info and photos of these Pendants and the Xmas Ornaments ....Check it out !!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Fishinfred

fishinfred
11-26-2004, 14:46
I'd just like to remind everyone who has recieved "ANY" items from me that your posts on service and quality would be greatly appriciated here.
Thanks!!!
Fishinfred

fishinfred
11-28-2004, 17:18
FYI, if purchasing these for Xmas gifts just let me know where you want them shipped and I will ship directly to your gift recipient,but to insure they get there before Xmas ..."Dont wait till its too late"!!
Thanks again
Fishinfred

JimSproul
11-28-2004, 22:59
I have bought several of these. They are very nice, and shipped right away!

Mausalot
12-08-2004, 00:22
Fred, if you set your price to Buy it Now you can list multiple items as I'm doing with my DVD of 2000 Miles to Maine (http://homepage.newschool.edu/~at2k/) I just discovered this feature and it makes things easier. I list 5 at a time for sale. You don't have to relist nearly as often.

PS If anyone purchases the DVD as a result of seeing info here on White Blaze, let me know because I make donations to the site as well.

Cameraman:dance

MisterSweetie
12-08-2004, 00:38
Fred, if you set your price to Buy it Now you can list multiple items as I'm doing with my DVD of 2000 Miles to Maine (http://homepage.newschool.edu/~at2k/) I just discovered this feature and it makes things easier. I list 5 at a time for sale. You don't have to relist nearly as often.

PS If anyone purchases the DVD as a result of seeing info here on White Blaze, let me know because I make donations to the site as well.

Cameraman:dance
Hm, I have 2000 Miles to Maine on my Christmas list, and I'm sure I'll get it... but I won't be buying it myself. I guess I'll have to just let you know when I get it so some of the money can go to whiteblaze. :cool:

Mausalot
12-08-2004, 12:01
Mister Sweetie, point your Santa to this link (http://homepage.newschool.edu/%7Eat2k/) or E-Bay. If the person buys from Amazon, well, after Amazon takes their percentage and I donate to WB, there will be only about a dollar left. Just let me know when you get it and I'll send out a check to the troll (I'm a wee bit behind in my check writing, but I promise to get to it soon!)

Thanks so much for putting 2000 Miles (http://homepage.newschool.edu/%7Eat2k/) on your Christmas list. Enjoy! (I'm still thinking a boxed set might be a good idea) I also am curious about Flaglers documentary.

Cameraman :dance