PDA

View Full Version : Dog Gear Video

Harley&Me
07-06-2010, 20:52
Just got around to posting some gear review videos to youtube. I have one segment about dog gear that may be helpful to future four legged thru-hikers and their companions. Here is the link for anyone interested. I hope its helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs1nRAtfL7Q

Cabin Fever
07-06-2010, 21:43
Thanks. I have two yellow labs and I have been considering bringing them on future section hikes. They love to hike, but still need to be leashed. Did you every leash your dog and what kind of leash did you use?

Bama Jack & Sadie
07-06-2010, 21:49
Great video. I like the harness and pack set. Harley did a great job in the video and I loved the part where you were talking about the boots and he held up his paw to have you put it on. My dog Sadie also fancies the sleeping bag more that a pad. I was able to get her to use the fleece liner for her 'sleeping bag' albeit still with her in a ball leaning against my sleeping bag. Actually worked well as it was fall and cool enough outside.

Harley&Me
07-06-2010, 23:04
I did not use a leash very much at all, though he carried it at all times in his pack. It only came out at road crossings, towns, or times when I thought it was necessary. He stayed close enough to me that I felt comfortable letting him off. I also had the benefit of leaving really early in the season (Feb 21, 2009) so I didn't have to share the trail (or shelters) with too many others.