PDA

View Full Version : Fall hike PA to CT area

earlyriser26
07-08-2010, 05:28
I'm looking for suggestions for an easy 3 day hike (25 -35 miles). Bonus points for little climbing and few rocks. Also, bonus points for ability to leave a car safely at one end of the hike (shuttle out and hike back). All suggestions welcome.

Cookerhiker
07-08-2010, 09:43
How about New Jersey between High Point/Rt. 23 and Camp Road by the AMC's Mohican Outdoor Center? 32 miles, not much up-and-down, mostly ridgewalking and you can leave a car at either the State Park or the Center.

Ironbelly
07-08-2010, 10:04
If you decide on the CT area let me know I can shuttle you if needed. I live about 30 mins from the trail.

slugger
07-08-2010, 10:09
Most of the Northern PA has little elevation change, I can't say the same about rocks though...

jersey joe
07-08-2010, 10:47
How about New Jersey between High Point/Rt. 23 and Camp Road by the AMC's Mohican Outdoor Center? 32 miles, not much up-and-down, mostly ridgewalking and you can leave a car at either the State Park or the Center.
I second this. Great section, lots of ridge walking. If you are feeling up to it, going from the Deleware Water Gap from High Point is also an option.

earlyriser26
07-08-2010, 16:51
thanks for the replies

Yahtzee
07-08-2010, 17:13
The NJ idea is great, but I would hate to be so close to Sunfish Pond and not hike by it. An alternate NJ trip would be DWG to Culvers Gap.

A good CT trip would be Kent to Salisbury. You do climb up St. John's Ledges but that can be bypassed to include an entire day of hiking along the Housatonic River along the old AT route. An absolutely beautiful area.

A PA trip? Mason/Dixon line to Pine Grove Furnace. Stop at the new AT museum when you finish. It's 37 miles, but southern PA is fairly easy.