PDA

View Full Version : R2 fleece or the "Nano Puff".....

nawlunz
07-08-2010, 13:39
I have an R1 fleece (Patagonia) , but in a store recently, tried on a "Nano Puff"...wow!! Can that piece of clothing actually be warm? it's so light.

I had a question as to what would be warmer: Merino midweight base/ Patagonia R1 Fleece/ Shell or Merino midweight base/"Nano Puff"/Shell..

Anyone have any experience with a "Nano Puff" pullover?

I will be camping in places that could get in the lower 30's at night...

Kerosene
07-08-2010, 14:49
I don't have experience with the Patagonia Nano Puff (http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product/patagonia-mens-nano-puff-pullover?p=84020-0-602) directly, but I'm pretty confident that it would be warmer than the R1 and midweight merino, at about the same weight (at least for the pullover). I don't tend to bring anything heavier than an R1 fleece unless I anticipate the temperature to drop below 35F, but I'm a Northerner also.

Egads
07-08-2010, 17:05
I'm not a fan of fleece. I'd go with the Puff

bulldog49
07-08-2010, 22:19
I have a Nano Puff and it is my favorite piece of clothing. I highly recommend if you do any cool or cold weather hiking. It's much warmer than the R1 fleece or any of the articles of clothing you asked about. And it is so light weight and packable, not a difficult choice at all. :sun

MedicineMan
07-09-2010, 23:52
I'm waiting for a nanopuff hoodie :)