PDA

View Full Version : Pogo Radio YourWay?

pixpusher
11-09-2004, 17:48
Hello fellow Whiteblazers!

I'm wondering if anybody out there owns, or has tried the following device:

http://www.pogoproducts.com/radio_yourway.html

I am in the market for a compact MP3 player/AM+FM radio. This sure looked promising to me...

Small, lightweight, built-in speaker, earbud headphones, uses SD cards for expansion and MP3/WMA storage, AM and FM radio, built-in microphone for voice and radio program recording, also takes AAA batteries.

The AAA battery thing is important to me since I own a Garmin Geko 301 and a Petzl Tikka headlamp -- they both use AAAs. I'd like to be able to swap batteries between devices...

The only thing left to be desired is Macintosh compatibility. I currently use iTunes to manage my MP3s/music. The website for this Pogo product says it only has Windows software. I wonder if you could get around having to use the bundled software with this... Maybe since it has USB, I might be able to use it with my Macintosh G4? Who knows...

It would also be nice to find a Digital Camera that takes AAA batteries and uses SD cards for storage... This way I could swap AAAs and SD cards between the Pogo unit and the camera. Anybody have suggestions on where to find a good quality camera that matches these specs? Higher megapixel is definately preferable... I know Sony makes a camera that uses AAAs, but it also relies on Memory Sticks for storage... Grrr.

Let me know. At the very least I thought I'd mention this Pogo device, looks interesting... I've already looked at the Lyra, iRiver, Sangean AM/FM/WB Radio, etc. Haven't seen anoybody mention this one the board yet... Maybe it's a piece of junk... I dunno. ;) Thoughts, comments, please...

Hikerhead
11-09-2004, 19:05
My Nikon Coolpix 4100 uses SD Cards but with two AA batteries.

Pencil Pusher
11-10-2004, 22:18
http://www.zipzoomfly.com
http://www.newegg.com

Both these websites have some cool products to browse through. I practically bought all the parts to make this computer from Newegg. On topic, I bought my MP3 player from ZipZoomFly, it's a MSI Mega Stick. It has 128MB, AM/FM radio, AAA battery, voice recorder, integral USB jack, included ear buds, and cost around $60 with shipping. Well actually I think shipping was free, but forget the exact price. Anyhow, all seems to work fine, the radio gets good reception and the volume cranks the ear buds loud enough. Though if I bought another MP3 player, I'd opt for one with bigger memory. So while I could recommend this one, just as well I'd recommend getting something with larger memory so you can store more songs. As it is now, I think I can store about two or so hours of songs.
Now that I think about it, having the ability to use those SD cards would be sweet. Then it wouldn't really matter what size you bought since the cards could compensate. Ah well, those two websites above have plenty to browse through.

titanium_hiker
11-11-2004, 20:23
google for "digital camera AAA batteries" (sans quotes)
then 'search within results' and look for the card.

titanium_hiker
aka geek ;)