PDA

View Full Version : Need a ride from Daleville to VA620

MattBob
07-15-2010, 14:57
Doing a 200 mile section of the AT from VA620, Trout Creek (just south of Catawba, VA) to Waynesboro, VA. Staging cars. Would like to leave my car in Daleville at the very hiker friendly HoJo there and then we'll have another car in Waynesboro at the church. Seeking a ride (or options) to get a ride from the Howard Johnson off I-81 to VA620 on Tuesday, July 20th, or Wednesday, July 21st.

Any help would be appreciated!!

HikerMom58
07-15-2010, 17:53
I can help you out...I live 5 miles from the HoJo's in Daleville. I can take you to VA620. My cell # is 540-815-1289. My name is Karen Dillard. Call me anytime.

MattBob
07-15-2010, 18:41
Awesome, thanks!!! I'll give you a ring Monday to firm up plans.

You rock!

HikerMom58
07-15-2010, 18:57
Ok...sounds good! :)

jan latham
07-15-2010, 19:27
Just read your message about your section hike and am glad you've got a ride. If this isn't too much trouble I actually would like to ask you to check something out on your hike and keep back to me with the answer. I am looking to do most of the same section but am not going to get to it this year. My question is about a possible campsite with water on the north side of Dragon's Tooth. The 13 plus miles from Pickle Branch Shelter up and over Dragon's Tooth and then to the next shelter area, Johns Spring Shelter, is just a bit too much mileage for the group that will be going and I would like to find a campsite north of Dragon's Tooth. If you could take a look as you go along that would be awesome!! There are a few campsites listed but they do not have water. Thanks for any help you can give and have a great hike! Rerun

Hikerhead
07-15-2010, 22:05
Just read your message about your section hike and am glad you've got a ride. If this isn't too much trouble I actually would like to ask you to check something out on your hike and keep back to me with the answer. I am looking to do most of the same section but am not going to get to it this year. My question is about a possible campsite with water on the north side of Dragon's Tooth. The 13 plus miles from Pickle Branch Shelter up and over Dragon's Tooth and then to the next shelter area, Johns Spring Shelter, is just a bit too much mileage for the group that will be going and I would like to find a campsite north of Dragon's Tooth. If you could take a look as you go along that would be awesome!! There are a few campsites listed but they do not have water. Thanks for any help you can give and have a great hike! Rerun

That's easy...after you go over Dragons Tooth, the next rd crossing is Newport Rd, rt # ????. You then switch back up a small hill. At the bottom on the other side is a nice creek/spring with some camping spots. But first, at the rd go left 1/4 mile to a nice store/gas station on Rt 311 for some goodies.