PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Home Alone Bivy-Reviews??????

q-tip
07-16-2010, 11:29
Hey All-Just got the Marmot Home Alone Bivy--Trying to save a pound from my Tarptent Cloudburst (excellent) It looks good so far-light, packs well, easy setup--however no ventilation from the rear of the tent. If anyone has some experience with this tent, sure like to get your feedback. I am testing it at the end of July for 4 AT days. Thanks Much

pappabear
02-03-2012, 18:04
Did you get to use your Marmot home alone on the AT? I just bought one and it is on its way to me right now. Wanted to get some feed back from someone that used it on the AT. Any tips or tricks would be helpful too. Thanks, John

Tinker
02-03-2012, 18:15
I wouldn't buy one. No ventilation. In order not to have tons of condensation falling back on you you'll have to sleep with the door open.
Emergency shelter? Fine.
Try changing your clothes in one without brushing the walls or roof. They do, however, make a nice bug bivy - same design. Would work well under a poncho (which, most people say, makes marginal rainwear).

I have the most breathable fabric available in a bivy - eVent, and it still gets condensation on the inside.