PDA

View Full Version : SoBo Thanksgiving in Erwin

Miss Janet
11-11-2004, 15:18
I can't believe that it is that time again already... but the "HOLIDAYS" are upon us! I was in doubt of the season until yesterday when I started noticing little twinkling lights in several of my neighbors living rooms! So what if they all want to jump straight to Christmas and ignore Thanksgiving! We will sure be celebrating Turkey Day at Miss Janet's House!

This will be the 5th year that we have made a special effort to have a traditional Thanksgiving Day Dinner for the Southbound Thruhikers in the Erwin area. One year we had 34 and one year only 6 but we always have plenty of food and a lot of fun. If you have friends out hiking please let them know to make it to Erwin for Thanksgiving. I hope all of you feel free to come and visit if you are in the area.

LionKing
11-13-2004, 16:59
I can't believe that it is that time again already... but the "HOLIDAYS" are upon us! I was in doubt of the season until yesterday when I started noticing little twinkling lights in several of my neighbors living rooms! So what if they all want to jump straight to Christmas and ignore Thanksgiving! We will sure be celebrating Turkey Day at Miss Janet's House!

This will be the 5th year that we have made a special effort to have a traditional Thanksgiving Day Dinner for the Southbound Thruhikers in the Erwin area. One year we had 34 and one year only 6 but we always have plenty of food and a lot of fun. If you have friends out hiking please let them know to make it to Erwin for Thanksgiving. I hope all of you feel free to come and visit if you are in the area.
Het there! I was planning on hiking to your place from Springer but I got only to Hiawassee and hurt my ankle. Went back to Springer and hung out with Seamster and meet up with some other SOBOS and passed off one of my DVDs to Seamster..he said he would get it to you.

happy Holidays!

Lion King

Patco
11-24-2004, 20:49
Don't count on Brushy Sage driving (or hiking) up to Erwin from Asheville for dinner. He's driven down to the flat lands to celebrate Thanksgiving with me, his son, PATCO.
I'm still thankful for the 2 weeks he and I hiked together on his long-distance hike, and several shorter ones since then. Thanks for the support Miss J.

Brushy Sage
11-26-2004, 20:43
I hope you had lots of good food and good company there in Erwin.