PDA

View Full Version : ride needed from TriCities airport -> Bristol, Marion, or Atkins

G. Rabbit
07-22-2010, 23:26
Hello,
I'm an AT hiker looking to do a section starting in Atkins VA. I need to find a ride from Tri-Cities airport to Bristol or Marion or Atkins. Ideally Atkins. My flight gets in on Tuesday, the 27th, around noon. I want to get on the trail in Marion or Atkins, but if I can only find a ride to Bristol, then I can take the bus from there to Marion and find my way to a trailhead. The bus doesn't get in until about 11:00PM though. Much much later than I'd like it to.
So any chance I can get a ride with someone currently in that area? Can someone possibly point me in the direction of someone who can possibly help me out? I've emailed a few shuttlers listed with the ATC, but figured someone on whiteblaze might come to the rescue. It would just be me and my 25-30lb pack. I can help with gas money.
Thanks!

Faith
"Gutsy Rabbit"

rambunny
07-23-2010, 10:22
Hi our shuttle drivers name is Skip-his # is 276-243-8149.His wife's name is Linda.Have a good hike! Bunny @ Happy Hiker Hollow

Lone Wolf
07-23-2010, 11:53
PM me. i'm the cheapest of shuttlers

Cedar Tree
07-23-2010, 12:29
How do you charge Lone Wolf?
Do you charge just by the trip or do you charge a price per mile?

For everyone:
What is the going rate of by the mile shuttles?
Is that price 1 way, or do you charge for your return trip home?
Thanks
Cedar Tree