PDA

View Full Version : New gear for the wife for GSMNP thru hike in October

STICK
07-24-2010, 16:07
So, the items we ordered for my wife arrived the other day. They are some extra pieces to fill in for winter hiking. We will be hiking the GSMNP in mid October.

So, we had three packages show up at our door the other day. I did a little write up on the items with pictures on my site. They can be seen here:

http://stick13.wordpress.com/

TinaLouise
07-24-2010, 17:01
I love the pinkish colors!! I've got a jacket similar to that one, cost me a lot more though. I've found lots of uses for it besides just a jacket... at night it can be my pillow, or I've also used it to keep my feet warm while sleeping and believe it on not, I've used it as a head warmer when I forgot my wool pullover cap. I also carry a huge silk bandana that does triple duty as either head warmer, neck warmer, towel to dry with. I've got a cotton bandana that works for clean up and pot holder and washing. Look into the brand "terramar" at Sierra Trading Post. I like their silk and their wool under layers.
Good job finding those sale prices.

STICK
07-24-2010, 18:48
We are excited about the jacket. (Maybe myself moreso than my wife...)

I have a pair of Terramar expedition weight long pants, and I love them. They are a great piece of clothing in my opinion, and I got them for a steal, IMO. About $26 at Campmor. I believe that they stay around that price at Campmor. (Gotta love some Campmor...)