PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee AT license plate status

10-K
07-28-2010, 08:35
Is there any recent news on the status of the Tennessee AT license plate? According to the ATC website (http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.mqLTIYOwGlF/b.4806113/k.ED0A/Tennessee_Appalachian_Trail_License_Plate.htm) we are waiting on the plates to be stamped and ready for issuing.

I hope I get to keep my old North Carolina AT plate as a keepsake.....

Tennessee Viking
07-28-2010, 08:56
The last I heard from Cabin Fever was that the required 1000 applications were met. Now its just up to Tennessee to have them punched out.

I don't think the plates will be mailed to you. I think your county registration office will send out a letter saying you can pick them up.

10-K
08-13-2010, 14:37
I had to turn in my North Carolina AT plate....

Still waiting on a Tennessee AT plate.

Hard to believe TN has a "Friends of Radnor Lake" specialty plate but no AT plate yet....

Rain Man
08-13-2010, 21:48
Hard to believe TN has a "Friends of Radnor Lake" specialty plate but no AT plate yet....

Well, for one thing, Radnor Lake is in Nashville, so lots of supporters. Also, they got that specialty plate before the rules were changed and minimum pre-pays were raised to a thousand.

Rain:sunMan

Cabin Fever
08-13-2010, 22:10
Proof was sent to ATC and approved couple of weeks ago. Just waiting on the state now. That's all we know.

TV is right. They say they will notify you by mail when it is ready at your county office.

Cabin Fever
08-14-2010, 07:18
I had to turn in my North Carolina AT plate....

Still waiting on a Tennessee AT plate.

While putting the plate together, we were made aware of some of the other plates trying to get approved because they lumped all of our approvals into the same Omnibus bill. I remember the Cave Salamander especially. Good luck reaching 1000 on that one! I also remember the Friends of the Big South Fork plate missed their deadline. If not for the AT plate, I would have gotten that one. Spent a lot of nights in that beautiful place.

10-K
09-18-2010, 19:13
It looks like the TN AT plate is available - can anyone confirm?

http://www.state.tn.us/revenue/vehicle/licenseplates/miscellaneous/miscellaneous.htm

10-K
09-18-2010, 19:17
There's even a TN small mouth bass vanity plate.

ExosC3
09-21-2010, 13:41
woa, cool stuff...no NJ plate :(

Rain Man
09-21-2010, 15:28
It looks like the TN AT plate is available - can anyone confirm?

That's what I've read. Wife and I are waiting on hers. It really irks me that LESS THAN HALF of the extra fee actually goes to the ATC. Obviously, this is a hidden fund raiser for the State. Not good. Not good at all.

Rain Man

Rain Man
09-22-2010, 15:17
Got this email from the ATC today. Looks like our Tennessee AT plates will be available in November if we want them then. :)

"Greetings!

"Thanks to each of you who are receiving this note, we surpassed the necessary 1000 plate threshold to establish an Appalachian Trail license plate in Tennessee! Many of you were early applicants after the legislation passed in 2008 and may have some questions about the plate status. Following are some of the questions we’ve received and that you may have.

"1) When am I going to get my plate?

"The State Department of Revenue received the applications and funds at the end of June 2010. From that time it will take up to four months to approve the plate design and produce the new plates. Therefore, we expect the new plates to be available by early November.

"2) How do I get my plate?

"You will receive a letter from the State Department of Revenue notifying you that your plate is ready to be picked up at your county clerk’s office.

"3) What do I need to do once I’m notified?

"You have two choices. You can pick up your plate upon notification, and your annual vehicle registration fee will be prorated and reset to expire a year from that date. For example, if your annual vehicle registration fee is $24 and has six months remaining when your plate is ready, you can pay $12 and renew for another 6 months. The other option, after you are notified, is to wait until your next annual vehicle registration is due. Your new plate will be held at the county clerk’s office until that time. In either case you must pick up your plate in person, it will not be mailed to you.

"4) My vehicle registration will be due before early November. How do I handle that?

"You must renew your annual vehicle registration when it is due. After you have received your Appalachian Trail license plate, the annual fee for it and the vehicle registration will be due at the same time and can be paid together.

"Thank you, once again, for your patience and support! If you have further questions, please call 828-254-3708."

Cabin Fever
09-25-2010, 17:19
Going to be faster than we thought. My wife got her notification today that they will be available by 10/15. Mine is personalized so I wonder if it will take longer?

generoll
09-25-2010, 18:07
a pity ot took so long. I signed up for it, but now I live in GA

Cabin Fever
09-25-2010, 20:41
a pity ot took so long. I signed up for it, but now I live in GA

Hate that we missed you, but you can help Georgia with theirs.

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 21:37
Going to be faster than we thought. My wife got her notification today that they will be available by 10/15. Mine is personalized so I wonder if it will take longer?

My wife got her notice in the mail yesterday!

Rain:sunMan

HikerRanky
09-25-2010, 21:58

My notice came in the mail yesterday saying that it would be ready by 10/15... I didn't get a personalized one....

Randy

10-K
09-25-2010, 22:10
Guess I'll amble down to the courthouse here in Erwin Monday and see what's up... Maybe I can get one too - I didn't pre-order one so I don't know if I'll have to wait or what - probably so.