PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail Festival

Red Wolf
07-28-2010, 12:52
:welcome LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL

The 4th. annual LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL at the VERMONT STATE FAIRGROUNDS in RUTLAND, VERMONT will begin in ONLY 9 DAYS ! ! !

There will be on-site camping Friday(8/6) through to Monday(8/9) .

Saturday (8/7 ) has the largest amount of activities (exhibits, vendors,presentations ~ including 3 new "wilderness" films from the U.S. Dept. of the Interior / Fish & Wildlife Services ) AND LOTS of on-stage music by VERMONT'S BEST MUSICIANS all day and into the evening ! ! !

Sunday's activities include a chance to participate, earn a "RUTLAND HARDCORE PATCH" ( ! ), and a free supper doing a little trail work .
Also, there are a some organized hikes on Sunday .

More info at www.rutlandlongtrailfestival.com (http://www.rutlandlongtrailfestival.com)

HAPPY TRAILS !
Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle
ALDHA, member-at-large
A. T. Museum, Membership Secretary

ps: "WILDERNESS" FILMS , which I will be showing Saturday include:
~"In the Land of the Great Predators" (Yellowstone Nat. Park)
~"Yellowstone Geysers & Other Thermal Activity"
~"All About the Moose" (Moose info by the world's authority ! )

HiKen2011
07-28-2010, 13:26
Wish I could attend, be up that way later in the month. :sun

Red Wolf
07-28-2010, 13:42
Wish I could attend, be up that way later in the month. :sun
GET UP ! ~ COME ON UP ! ~ We'll have a ride-board set up this year right by the registration tent : ) ~ RW

Panzer1
07-28-2010, 23:50
is that noisy train going to be there again this year. :eek:

Panzer

Red Wolf
07-29-2010, 13:23
is that noisy train going to be there again this year. :eek:

Panzer
You know it ! ......it's part of the CHARM ~ but, as usual, only off & on, not all the time . If it really bothers you, perhaps, may I suggest some ear plugs ( standard hiker gear for sleeping hikers wishing to avoid snore-disturbance , anyway ) . HOPE TO SEE YAH THAR ! ~ RW

ma budda
07-29-2010, 21:54
A free event and awesome day of home grown Vermont music, outdoor adventures and fun geared toward the whole family and happening right in the heart of Rutland City. In the spirit of community service and in promotion of environmental stewardship, festival organizers will again collaborate with founder Bob Peoples of the Tennessee Eastman Club, the Green Mountain Club and the Appalachian Trail Conservancy to schedule a “HardCore” volunteer workday on Sunday August 8, 2010. In 2007, the “HardCore” work crew worked on the Appalachian Trail (AT) Thundering Brook Falls relocation project in Killington which helped finish the first handicap accessible AT section in New England. In 2008, over thirty volunteers helped to repair the suspension bridge over Clarendon Gorge. Last year, volunteers replaced the roof on Tucker-Johnson Shelter at Killington.
For 2010, Hard core will take place at Little Rock Pond building tent platforms

Giving back to the community is an attribute fostered and encouraged with this festival and we are always seeking new volunteers to lend a hand. For more information on performance schedule, see www.longtrailfestivalvt.com (http://www.longtrailfestivalvt.com/)Camping available on site.$5 pp www.longtrailfestivalvt.com

Red Wolf
07-30-2010, 12:42
:welcome
A free event and awesome day of home grown Vermont music, outdoor adventures and fun geared toward the whole family and happening right in the heart of Rutland City. In the spirit of community service and in promotion of environmental stewardship, festival organizers will again collaborate with founder Bob Peoples of the Tennessee Eastman Club, the Green Mountain Club and the Appalachian Trail Conservancy to schedule a “HardCore” volunteer workday on Sunday August 8, 2010. In 2007, the “HardCore” work crew worked on the Appalachian Trail (AT) Thundering Brook Falls relocation project in Killington which helped finish the first handicap accessible AT section in New England. In 2008, over thirty volunteers helped to repair the suspension bridge over Clarendon Gorge. Last year, volunteers replaced the roof on Tucker-Johnson Shelter at Killington.
For 2010, Hard core will take place at Little Rock Pond building tent platforms

Giving back to the community is an attribute fostered and encouraged with this festival and we are always seeking new volunteers to lend a hand. For more information on performance schedule, see www.longtrailfestivalvt.com (http://www.longtrailfestivalvt.com/)Camping available on site.$5 pp www.longtrailfestivalvt.com (http://www.longtrailfestivalvt.com)

CAMPING AREA FOR FESTIVAL OPENS IN ONLY 7 DAYS ! ~ FRI. 8/6
CAMPSITES HAVE BATHROOMS & SHOWERS AVAILABLE * * * * *

~ Red Wolf o'da Smoky's

ma budda
08-03-2010, 09:52
Volunteers will get any thru hiker back to the trailhead of their choice on monday after Hardcore, Camping available at the Fairgrounds from Friday nite 8/5 thru monday 8/9 for $5 pp showers available www.longtrailfestivalvt.com

ma budda
08-04-2010, 08:40
Long Trail Festival volunteers will set up fairgrounds and stages starting thursday morning. Meet at fairgrounds, Volunteer orientation for festival at 6 pm thursday evening with camping available on site thursday night for volunteers

Red Wolf
08-04-2010, 19:46
:sun LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL PROGRAMS PRINTED TODAY * * * * *

I arrived up here in the "verde mon" , Rutland, VT., in paricular yesterday ! ~ SWEEEEET !

This morning, Baggins, Mad Hatter, & myself printed out the necesary program booklet handouts for the IV ANNUAL LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL ! The pace is just beginning to really pick up in anticipation of the opening this Friday, August 6 . ~ CAMPSITE OPENS AFTER 12 NOON at the Vermont State Fairgrounds in Rutland, Vermont .

SEE YAH THAR' ~ Red Wolf o'da Smoky's

Red Wolf
08-05-2010, 07:53
:welcomeMORE FESTIVAL DETAILS

Short of putting the entire Long Trail Festival program here ( which would take some time ~ LOTS HAPPENING ), here is a brif synopsis of the planned activities. THREE OUT-DOOR STAGES ! ~ the FESTIVAL THEATER ~ a KID'S CAMP ~ the FESTIVAL HALL ~ the HIKER CAMPING AREA ~ VENDOR's ROW ~ AND MORE !

The Main Stage & the Rutland Recreation Stage are the venue sites for the Best Musicians in Vermont ! ( all types of music by a wide variety of musicians ) . Also, there is a spot for the open-mic compeition.

The Kid's Camp Stage has lots of different forms of entertainment for the kids. Music, a magical act, two theater presentations .

The Festival Theater : "Wilderness" films from the US Dept. of the Interior, Fish & Wildlife Services; old glass-slides of the Long Trail (100th. Anniversary Year of the Long Trail, by the way ); presentations on Easter Island & Principles of Leave No Trace .

Kid's Camp : LOTS OF ACTIVITIES For the KIDS - face painting, yoga, a special presentation of the geological time line of the Green Mts. designed for children to understand and to participate, also an activity of building the Green Mts. with clay , AND CAMPFIRE & SMORES AND MORE ! ! !

Festival Hall : Hiker oriented presentations ~lightweight backpacking, hiking as meditation, hiker panel discussion, Trail Running 101 .

OTHER ACTIVITIES : Foot Guru Program; Two Man Cross Cut Saw Demo; Dutch Oven Outdoor Cooking

Rutland Hardcore Trail Work ~ Sunday ( includes Sunday night camping & dinner & Rutland Hardcore Patch ) .

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THURSDAY ~ they will get to camp there Thursday night ( CAMPING AREA officially opens 12 noon Friday )

LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL ~ 8/6 - 7 ~ most activities on Saturday August 7

SEE YOU THERE !

~ Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle

Red Wolf
08-05-2010, 12:40
:welcomeMORE FESTIVAL DETAILS

Short of putting the entire Long Trail Festival program here ( which would take some time ~ LOTS HAPPENING ), here is a brif synopsis of the planned activities. THREE OUT-DOOR STAGES ! ~ the FESTIVAL THEATER ~ a KID'S CAMP ~ the FESTIVAL HALL ~ the HIKER CAMPING AREA ~ VENDOR's ROW ~ AND MORE !

The Main Stage & the Rutland Recreation Stage are the venue sites for the Best Musicians in Vermont ! ( all types of music by a wide variety of musicians ) . Also, there is a spot for the open-mic compeition.

The Kid's Camp Stage has lots of different forms of entertainment for the kids. Music, a magical act, two theater presentations .

The Festival Theater : "Wilderness" films from the US Dept. of the Interior, Fish & Wildlife Services; old glass-slides of the Long Trail (100th. Anniversary Year of the Long Trail, by the way ); presentations on Easter Island & Principles of Leave No Trace .

Kid's Camp : LOTS OF ACTIVITIES For the KIDS - face painting, yoga, a special presentation of the geological time line of the Green Mts. designed for children to understand and to participate, also an activity of building the Green Mts. with clay , AND CAMPFIRE & SMORES AND MORE ! ! !

Festival Hall : Hiker oriented presentations ~lightweight backpacking, hiking as meditation, hiker panel discussion, Trail Running 101 .

OTHER ACTIVITIES : Foot Guru Program; Two Man Cross Cut Saw Demo; Dutch Oven Outdoor Cooking

Rutland Hardcore Trail Work ~ Sunday ( includes Sunday night camping & dinner & Rutland Hardcore Patch ) .

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THURSDAY ~ they will get to camp there Thursday night ( CAMPING AREA officially opens 12 noon Friday )

LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL ~ 8/6 - 7 ~ most activities on Saturday August 7

SEE YOU THERE !

~ Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle

:sun JUST IN ~ ACTUAL SCHEDULE FOR MUSIC & THE KIDS ACTIVITIES

These schedules can now be found at www.rutlandlongtrailfestival.com (http://www.rutlandlongtrailfestival.com) ~go there and clickon the "Kid's Camp" and "Performers" tabs !

HAPPY TRAILS !
Robert Croyle "Reed Wolf"

Red Wolf
08-09-2010, 18:40
:sun THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ANOTHER FANTASTIC LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL ! ! !

More details later ~~ Hatter and I just finished closing out the site and I'm headed for a hot shower, dinner, and R & R ( plan to go up Killington Peak via the ski lift and do the summit loop trail ~ hope it's clear in the morning ) .

Robert Croyle "RW"

mweinstone
08-10-2010, 13:02
later!? now you listen to me redwolf and you listen good. im stuck here in the boiled trash smelling swill filled city removeing lead and aspestose and i want details and i want them now. gabish?

Blue Jay
08-10-2010, 15:19
later!? now you listen to me redwolf and you listen good. im stuck here in the boiled trash smelling swill filled city removeing lead and aspestose and i want details and i want them now. gabish?

You've been there, you know how great it is. The high point may have been getting to see Jester's new movie about the PCT. The same great music as the past 3 years. Meeting and remeeting old hikers and the new class (fewer Nobos and more Sobos). The weather was absolutely perfect and more townspeople come each year. The organization is flawless, just a flat out great time.

Red Wolf
08-10-2010, 17:42

:D:-? Mathewski ~ DOWN ; SIT ; GOOD MATTY ...............UH, NO, UH actually, the COMPLETE LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL REPORT will be completed in an expected time frame of NOT MORE than 12 days ( probably much quicker ~ I interviewed and pumped Wayne"Mad Hatter" and "MaBudda" today for "Just the facts, mon , just the facts ! " ) . I want to give as complete & accurate report on the 4th. Annual Long Trail Festival as possible ~ it takes a little time, bro : ) Hey, YAH KNOW...like, you were SORE MISSED.
Make it to the ALDHA Gathering I hope ( see www.aldha.org (http://www.aldha.org) ~ note, there will be a Ride Board posted there ) ?
I leave for Savannah tomorrow, so I will not be able to work on it until , say Friday ~ best I can do .
ONE TEASER ~ Jester's PCT DVD WILL BE SHOWN at the Gathering ! ( he had the largest crowd of any film shown at the L T Festival !

HAPPY TRAILS ! ~ Red Wolf

Jester2000
08-13-2010, 23:46
Oh, hey! Just saw this thread and I do want to say thanks to Maddhatter for letting me show my movie, even though it wasn't on the official schedule.

I had a great time, and this is a great event. Thanks to the organizers for all of their hard work!

Red Wolf
08-17-2010, 14:43
:cool: Here is my report on the IV LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL

Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
ALDHA, board member-at-large
A. T. Museum, Membership Secretary

trailangelmary
08-17-2010, 16:51
:D:-? Mathewski ~ DOWN ; SIT ; GOOD MATTY ...............UH, NO, UH actually, the COMPLETE LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL REPORT will be completed in an expected time frame of NOT MORE than 12 days ( probably much quicker ~ I interviewed and pumped Wayne"Mad Hatter" and "MaBudda" today for "Just the facts, mon , just the facts ! " ) . I want to give as complete & accurate report on the 4th. Annual Long Trail Festival as possible ~ it takes a little time, bro : ) Hey, YAH KNOW...like, you were SORE MISSED.
Make it to the ALDHA Gathering I hope ( see www.aldha.org (http://www.aldha.org) ~ note, there will be a Ride Board posted there ) ?
I leave for Savannah tomorrow, so I will not be able to work on it until , say Friday ~ best I can do .
ONE TEASER ~ Jester's PCT DVD WILL BE SHOWN at the Gathering ! ( he had the largest crowd of any film shown at the L T Festival !

HAPPY TRAILS ! ~ Red Wolf

Great to hear that about Jester's movie Wizards of the PCT. Everyone that sees it loves it. Here's hoping his sales are grandeously (spell check says this is not a word but I like it. LOL) successful.

Jeff
08-17-2010, 16:53
Good festival and great weather.

Nice to see the Hardcore tradition firmly established in Vermont !!!!!