PDA

View Full Version : It's about time!

sidebackside
07-29-2010, 23:30
Due to my busy work/life schedule I haven't had an opportunity to get out and hike much lately. Week after week went by, weekend after weekend and I just didn't have the time to go. Come this Sunday that'll all change!
I'll be heading up to the Smokies for 3 days! Honestly..I'm just ready to be out there. A part of me wishes I could stay longer. The other part of me can't wait to get out there and enjoy what time I do have.

Isn't it crazy how when we are away from the mountains, outdoors, hiking, backpacking, the smells, we long for it? Is it just me? I know it's not just me. The past couple weeks it's literally all I think about. I'm just ready. Ready to be out there!

Sassafras Lass
08-07-2010, 12:13
Awesome! DH and I are going with his parents Aug. 21-24, and we went this past April - I wish I could afford to go more than twice a year, but hey, come March we're living in the woods for 5 months so I can't complain!

sidebackside
08-07-2010, 23:23
Awesome! DH and I are going with his parents Aug. 21-24, and we went this past April - I wish I could afford to go more than twice a year, but hey, come March we're living in the woods for 5 months so I can't complain!

Where are you going?

Sassafras Lass
08-13-2010, 14:57
We always hike up LeConte via Alum Cave Trail and stay @ the shelter - nothing better than a sunrise at Myrtle Point!

We have a few days so we have a campsite at Elkmont the first 2 nights, then LeConte shelter the next, then home. I wanted to do Rainbow Falls again but they're still paving. I think we're doing Abrams Creek instead.

Where did you go?