PDA

View Full Version : Southbound in September

takethisbread
08-02-2010, 12:14
Hey all, been awhile. I was one of those idiots who left in February from Georgia. Through much trial and tribalulation I made it through half the trail, before taking the summer off ( planned) and ready to finish in the Fall.

I'm leaving Sept 24 from Katahdin with Ron Burgundy, who was with me till Erwin.

Technically I only have vt, nh me and most of Virginia left, but I may redo a lot of stuff with Ron Burgundy.

Weight is all gained back and I'm out of shape, but I miss it, well not the snow.

DapperD
08-02-2010, 20:22
Hey all, been awhile. I was one of those idiots who left in February from Georgia. Through much trial and tribalulation I made it through half the trail, before taking the summer off ( planned) and ready to finish in the Fall.

I'm leaving Sept 24 from Katahdin with Ron Burgundy, who was with me till Erwin.

Technically I only have vt, nh me and most of Virginia left, but I may redo a lot of stuff with Ron Burgundy.

Weight is all gained back and I'm out of shape, but I miss it, well not the snow. I read your trailjournal and other trailjournals of people who left around the time you did. The Smokies were pretty much snowed under and you and other's had to detour around part of the trail. I guess when and if one decides to leave earlier in the season there is always a risk with the weather causing problems on ones hike. Anyway, hike yourself back into shape and enjoy what you missed the first time out. Good Luck:sun

scope
08-02-2010, 21:03
maybe a little jazz flute along the way?