PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy

Zeno
08-04-2010, 07:35
Does anyone know where we can get quality gear here in Florida? With good knowedgable service? We live in the Panhandle area, so far have only found one place.

Hikes in Rain
08-04-2010, 07:52
Trail and Ski (http://www.trailandski.com/) here in Tallahassee is the best around. People seem knowledgable, and the gear is good. I have to confess, though, that if I know what I want, I usually order from Campmor.

Elder
08-04-2010, 21:04
:-? Depends on where in Fla?
Pensacola..see Dave at Weatherfords
Tallahassee..J.D. at Trail and Ski..
Black Creek Outfitters in Jacksonville,
Brasingtons in Gainesville
Travel Country In Altamonte Springs (N. Orlando)...where Krispy Kritter works...but he's currently on the AT
Bill Jacksons in St. Pete area
and Environeers in Sarasota for a good start!
They all have experienced hiker help...some more, some less, but all of these are good resources.

Have Fun! :cool:

Praha4
08-05-2010, 00:23
try Walmart, Dollar General, Target, Kmart, these are all the top outfitters in the FL panhandle, where watermelon seed spitting and eating moon pies are the top activities

Llama Legs
08-05-2010, 17:04
I'd drive to Mountain Crossings !

Say hi to Cool Breeze :cool:

58starter
08-05-2010, 17:07
REI.com is what I use

Foyt20
08-05-2010, 20:50
The internet is great for weeding out shady stuff that you dont need. rei.com has a great return policy, although, they have a lot of heavy stuff you dont really need.

Good luck, happy hunting.

coyote13
08-05-2010, 23:44
I live in Alford fl. and the ONLY place close by is , like 'Hikes in Rain says, Trail and Ski in Tally.
I like to go there to "hands on " stuff then order from Amazon or Campmore. check out end of summer sales at REI too

Zeno
08-06-2010, 06:54
try Walmart, Dollar General, Target, Kmart, these are all the top outfitters in the FL panhandle, where watermelon seed spitting and eating moon pies are the top activities

Thanks to all!
yeah, they dont call this place the Redneck Riviera for nothing! We're headed to Weatherfords or Trail and Ski on Sat. to fit a few packs.

SOBO 17June20111

Grampsb
08-06-2010, 13:40
If you are going light or ultra light I would look at ULA, Six Moons Design, Moutain Laural Designs Golite Tarptents just to name a few. They have great customer service and put out top notch gear.

Hikes in Rain
08-06-2010, 17:56
Thanks to all!
yeah, they dont call this place the Redneck Riviera for nothing! We're headed to Weatherfords or Trail and Ski on Sat. to fit a few packs.

SOBO 17June20111

In my never to be humble opinion, I think a new pack with an expert, hands on, is a great idea. I would be hesitant to mail order one, for fear I got the measurements wrong. Plus it's just nice to play with all the options! Let us know how it went!