PDA

View Full Version : Hows the weather in the presidentials this time of year?

Manwich
08-06-2010, 08:43
This Sunday > Tuesday my band of merry friends will be doin the presidential traverse. I've been up there around this time of year 2 years ago, just wondering how it's been recently?

DavidNH
08-06-2010, 09:16
Best idea is to check out the forecast for the higher summits.

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/summit_forecast.php

DavidNH

Slo-go'en
08-06-2010, 11:03
The weather has been highly variable. I have not seen too many days when the summits were in the clear this summer. Weather fronts have been moving back and forth over the area every couple of days. Each time a front moves one way or the other, it generally brings wind and rain with it. It looks like it will be reasonably pleasent for the next couple of days. But be prepaired for anything!

peakbagger
08-08-2010, 19:19
This past weekend (8/6) the summit was the coldest reported spot in the nation (mid thirties), I was out on the ridge yesterday and had a winter hat, light gloves, a teeshirt, long sleeve wool shirt and a windblock fleece. There was a steady wind with a mixture of clouds and sun. Lots of folks warming up at Lake of the Crowds and drinking down soup to warm up.

Kernel
08-08-2010, 19:25
I was on Mt Washington last week, it was 48oF and winds around 45 mph at the summit.