PDA

View Full Version : Here's a shoe tip

RayBan
08-09-2010, 11:30
I've found that running a bead of superglue around the places where the toe "tab"/toe box meet the sole in the front and on the sides IN ADVANCE OF GOING OUT TO USE THE SHOES prevents those shoe areas from "ripping"/coming loose sooner than they might otherwise.

I do the same thing if those parts or any similar part of the shoe comes loose after being put in use in order to extend the life of what may be an otherwise useable shoe.

10-K
08-09-2010, 13:03
I've found that running a bead of superglue around the places where the toe "tab"/toe box meet the sole in the front and on the sides IN ADVANCE OF GOING OUT TO USE THE SHOES prevents those shoe areas from "ripping"/coming loose sooner than they might otherwise.

I do the same thing if those parts or any similar part of the shoe comes loose after being put in use in order to extend the life of what may be an otherwise useable shoe.

Cool tip.. I've done the same with shoe goo...

Spokes
08-09-2010, 17:31
I used McNett Freesole Urethane Shoe Repair Adhesive with great success on last years thru. The stuff really lasts!

The superglue stuff isn't flexible enough on footwear and tends to shatter.

leaftye
08-09-2010, 23:34
I've sort of been doing the same thing with my motorcycle leathers. On my hiking shoes I used Seamgrip. I only used it on the threads though.

RayBan
08-09-2010, 23:41
I used McNett Freesole Urethane Shoe Repair Adhesive with great success on last years thru. The stuff really lasts!

The superglue stuff isn't flexible enough on footwear and tends to shatter.

Thanks for mentioning an alternative to using superglue- it looks like the McNett is a superior product comparatively speaking.

Spokes
08-10-2010, 07:39
Thanks for mentioning an alternative to using superglue- it looks like the McNett is a superior product comparatively speaking.

No problem.....