PDA

View Full Version : New user needs ride to Maine for floppage

Katdog10
08-11-2010, 12:51
Hello White Blaze world!

I am a current north-bound thru-hiker, started very late and have had many circumstances to make the journey even slower. Basically, I need to flip flop and start heading south. I have a dilemma and I'm just going to throw out the whole situation and see if anyone can help with any part of it-

Part 1:
I need to fly to Detroit, MI for my cousin's wedding on August 26th and will be there about a week. I think I will be in Duncannon, PA around then. So, what I am looking for is possibly a place to stay for the night, a ride to an airport (I haven't booked a flight yet, so I could leave from anywhere, or if anyone is up for a roadtrip! ;) ), someone to watch my dog for a week, and then picked up from the airport. I know I'm asking a TON! Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what happens.

So the second part is that I need to get up to Maine after I get back from Michigan. So if anyone knows how I can do that or is planning on driving up there anytime soon, I would love to know about it. I've already checked and public transportation in the form of buses and trains do not allow dogs, so I'm stuck with either driving or flying... Or walking, but that misses the whole point.

My dog's name is Springer (how's that for a trail name!?) "Houdini", and I picked him up in Erwin, TN from Uncle Johnny's Hostel. He's part black lab, German Shepard, and then something smaller but I don't know what. He's about 40 pounds and the sweetest, most loving dog ever. About a year old, so still has some puppy tendencies, although I'm very impressed with the lack of gear and anything important that he has NOT destroyed. So far, the only thing he's chewed is my phone charger.

I'm not exactly sure how this whole White Blaze thing works, so I hope I'm posting this correctly and that someone may be able to help! I'm in Shenandoah National Park now and hope to have computer access more readily accessible. It may be best to email me directly- [email protected].

Thanks for your consideration!

-Katdog