PDA

View Full Version : New outfitter in Franklin, NC !!

Outdoor76
08-11-2010, 16:54
Greetings!!

Thanks in advance for hopefully welcoming us to this forum.
We would like to announce the opening of a new outfitter store in Franklin, NC. The shop will be called "Outdoor 76" - located at 76 E. Main St. We will be located within a short walk of all the major motels in Franklin. We look forward to doing all we can serve the AT community as a shop completely committed to carrying the best gear and apparel in the industry. We just came back from O.R. in Salt Lake and are uber excited about all the newest gear hitting the streets in the Spring. We're gear-heads, so we trust you'll like what you see in the shop.

As many of you know Franklin, NC was recently named an AT Community and we promise to represent. For the Spring '11 AT class we'll be offering regular cook-outs, shuttles, AWESOME give-aways, and lots of other services that will make your thru-hike a more enjoyable experience.

Please follow us online at www.outdoor76.com (website will be up by Aug 31) and we are currently active on all the social networking sites. Please follow us, give suggestions and let us know how we can help you all.

brian2o0o
08-11-2010, 17:17
Just got back from Franklin a couple of days ago. I will check you out next time I'm up. You know ur gonna have to compete with the good lookin girls they got workin over at Three Eagles!

generoll
08-11-2010, 18:14
this oughta be interesting.

Appalachian Tater
08-11-2010, 18:57
I suggest that you spend time here especially on the gear forums and looking at the packing lists and virtual shakedown threads to get an idea of the types and brands of equipment that thru-hikers need as opposed to carrying what the gear manufacturers tell you to carry. Sporting goods stores seem to have a bunch of gear designed for car camping and not real long distance hiking.

You may already know what's up and if so, my apologies.

ShakeyLeggs
08-11-2010, 20:53
:welcomeWelcome to Wb and hope you have a profitable and enduring endeavor.

mtnkngxt
08-12-2010, 08:05
x2 on the paying attention to what we are actually using.

Have a decent range for those on small and large budgets.

Sleeping Bags like Mont-bell and Western Mountaineering.

Smartwool and Darn Tough socks, Petzl headlamps, Outdoor Research, Marmot, and Mont-bell rainwear. Combination of Canister stoves and alcohol setups. Denatured Alcohol for sale by the ounce.

Maps, guide books, and a good assortment of quality gear at fair prices will keep you in business. If you tie up your overhead with a bunch of merchandise that no thru or targeted hiker would ever use, it will be a hard time.

Outdoor76
08-12-2010, 08:29
Thanks for the constructive feedback - As mentioned, we think you're going to like what you see. We are getting progressive on a few new things. As many of you know, its tough to commit to an entire line that only offers 1 or 2 good standout pieces of gear, but collectively we're going to offer some incredibly useful items. You'll notice that there are some pretty big brands in the industry that you won't find in our shop. We are focused on offering lines that are still true to their roots and make apparel and gear solely for people who use apparel and gear.

We personally have been plugged in to the AT/ local hiking community for a while so we know where a lot of the voids are with your provision sources. I wish we could say we'll fill them all - but know that we're going to bust our humps making sure you remember who we are (for good reasons) and that we become a staple stop for all hikers. So please, keep any suggestions coming and we'll also be keeping you all posted with new products, events and services.

kanga
08-12-2010, 11:07
if you carry actual hiking gear, instead of surfing or boarding gear, then you won't have any trouble with teo. good luck! i'll look you up next time i'm in town.

ChinMusic
08-12-2010, 11:51
Franklin, thanks to a great part from Ron Haven, has become near must-stop. Many folks will have adjusted their gear in Neels but having the ability to re-adjust at Franklin should come in handy for many that were not "set in their ways" prior to starting their thru.

I hope things go well for you. Just remember, Ron OWNS The Franklin Corridor. Stay on his good side.......:cool:

gungho
08-13-2010, 00:38
awesome....looking forward to what you have to offer.....all other outfitters are a joke.....goodluck and cant wait to visit your store next time i am in franklin

Anumber1
08-13-2010, 00:51
Franklin, thanks to a great part from Ron Haven, has become near must-stop. Many folks will have adjusted their gear in Neels but having the ability to re-adjust at Franklin should come in handy for many that were not "set in their ways" prior to starting their thru.

I hope things go well for you. Just remember, Ron OWNS The Franklin Corridor. Stay on his good side.......:cool:

I was going to say the exact same thing. This is true

Bare Bear
08-13-2010, 12:24
Competition is always good

DareN
08-13-2010, 18:23
Yeah, but the cashiers at TEO are good too. I don't know how they do it.

Tenderheart
08-14-2010, 10:17
Just when will you be opening????

Outdoor76
08-15-2010, 18:38
Just when will you be opening????

Target date is the weekend of September 25th.

Is anyone SOBO that plans on swinging by?

Graywolf
08-15-2010, 19:21
This is good news..Good to see another outfitter..

El Jefe
08-16-2010, 19:55
Looking forward to visiting y'all next time I'm in Franklin.

Waterfall
08-23-2010, 11:42
Looks like y'all will be a three-minute walk from my workplace. Right near the bookstore. And down the street from the coffee shop.

Boy, am I looking forward to work breaks! Hope you don't mind having a (sort of) local come to visit several times a week, just to look wistfully at gear and talk trail!

Outdoor76
08-23-2010, 11:49
Looks like y'all will be a three-minute walk from my workplace. Right near the bookstore. And down the street from the coffee shop.

Boy, am I looking forward to work breaks! Hope you don't mind having a (sort of) local come to visit several times a week, just to look wistfully at gear and talk trail!

NOT AT ALL!!! ...we'll have an 80" big screen hanging from the ceiling playing all sorts of cool outdoor movies and documentaries, free coffee, a killer couch, good reading material... loungers are VERY welcome.