PDA

View Full Version : Hikersensivitus

Graywolf
08-15-2010, 20:11
Hikersensivitus: A viro and allergy infection that effects hikers who are away from trails for any length of time. THERE IS NO CURE!! Best way to relieve the symptoms is get out and hike. Unfortuanetly, symptoms can worsen, even double upon returning from a hike. Best rememdy: Find a Long Distance Trail, such at the Appalachian Trail and hike.. However, the HIKER GENERAL reports that actually hiking a long distance trail, such as the AT, Hikersensivitus can actually develop into H. longdistanceremiditus, for which the only cure is to find another longdistance trail..

Hikers must beware that even after hiking a long distance trail, might not cure the disease. So Hike across the country..

From the hiker journals of Graywolf

mad4scrapping
08-15-2010, 20:22
I knew there had to be a name for what I have . . .

Lone Wolf
08-15-2010, 21:03
i'm cured. i could care less about walkin' trails

Graywolf
08-15-2010, 21:20
i'm cured. i could care less about walkin' trails

Well, I see someone wlaked it out of their system..:-?

-Animal
08-15-2010, 21:27
What are the symptoms? Can you get this from unprotected hiking? Sometimes I forget my rain gear. :)

Graywolf
08-15-2010, 21:31
Forgetfulnes is one symptom. When the infection becomes to much to bear, hikers just tend to head out regardless of equipment checks.. The reason: The virus begins to take over the brain so the hikers first thought is he/she must hike.. Often times the result is hiking so far that night times comes and a late evening thunderstorm brews up so the hiker just moves on in to the night till a logical shelter could be found..This is a very common symptom..Only cure for the symptom is not to unpack your pack and to get it at readiness at all times next to the door..

-Animal
08-15-2010, 21:55
What do you call it when you hold food you see in a store to test it’s weight? Sometimes I stand with two items in my palms and slowly raise each hand comparing the two to find the lightest item. Sometimes I examine different cans and imagine new alcohol stove designs. Whatever this is... I have it.

Graywolf
08-15-2010, 22:35
What do you call it when you hold food you see in a store to test it’s weight? Sometimes I stand with two items in my palms and slowly raise each hand comparing the two to find the lightest item. Sometimes I examine different cans and imagine new alcohol stove designs. Whatever this is... I have it.

Its called Gearheadoholic...Only cure for that.. Well, you know what to do..I dont know of a Gear head Anonomous in this area..But "Mountain Crossings" is the first one you come to on the way to Katahdin...

Danielsen
08-15-2010, 22:48
Uh oh, sounds like I'm on the path to aggravate my symptoms sometime soon. ;)

El Jefe
08-17-2010, 13:38
Sounds as though I have a bad case of both! Is Gearheadoholic curable? No matter how much gear I get, i find myself still needing more! I think this may be a chronic disease.

Manwich
08-17-2010, 13:43
FW: FW: FW: FW: fwd: FW: FW: FW: RE: Funny for Hikers! FW: FW: RE:Hikers

Graywolf
08-17-2010, 17:19
Sounds as though I have a bad case of both! Is Gearheadoholic curable? No matter how much gear I get, i find myself still needing more! I think this may be a chronic disease.

The only cure is more gear!!