PDA

View Full Version : BMT 300-Milers and BMT/AT 500-Mile Loop Completions

BMTA Bob
08-16-2010, 14:27
BMTA recently formed a Thru-Hike Committee to encourage and support long-distance hikes on the BMT (both thru-hikes and section hikes).

One of our objectives is to encourage those who have completed the BMT or the BMT/AT 500-mile loop to submit a request for listing on www.bmta.org/300-Milers.htm. Recognition is on the honor system, and BMTA does not audit or certify completion.

We recently added a page describing the various BMT/AT loop options at www.bmta.org/BMT-ATLoops.htm.

Since this is the BMT's 30th anniversary year, we thought it would be nice to have 30 completions listed before the Annual Meeting on November 6. We know there are a number of folks who have previously completed the trail, but never asked for listing, and I'd like to encourage you to consider submitting the form.

300-Miler, Thru-Hiker and BMT/AT Loop rockers for the BMTA patch are available for purchase using the Order Form on the website.

thelowend
08-30-2010, 03:51
I would love to do the BMT/AT loop some time.. I am getting a new job soon (fingers crossed at least) and maybe I can have a convenient break to at least get the BMT done.. the loop would be great.. I just need to start dirt bagging it now.. that's certainly where my heart is.

Mags
08-30-2010, 21:59
The BMT is a great little trail. A little more remote and wild than the AT for sure...

SGT Rock
09-01-2010, 13:29
It sounds like an awesome way to do a hike - long but without concern for making a terminus by a certain date and in a tighter area of season. I imagine it would take about 1 to 1.5 months depending on the hiker. Plus one could get on at any point in the loop and finish in the same spot.