PDA

View Full Version : Walkin' Jim

Lyle
08-20-2010, 17:23
Just received an email from Walkin' Jim's mail list. Some bad news. Seems Jim's cancer has returned, and he has had to cancel all tour dates for the foreseeable future.

He asks for our prayers and/or good thoughts at this time. He also would like any who can to possibly contribute to his website to help support his very high medical bills.

Jim is an AT thru hiker and prolific long-distance hiker, songwriter, and performer. He has tirelessly worked for environmental causes and he has inspired many of us for several decades now. Jim needs some help now, so I thought I would pass this along, as I hadn't seen it mentioned here yet.

http://www.walkinjim.com/Jims_Medical_Fund.php

Hope some of us can help out.

Nean
08-20-2010, 17:31
Sorry to hear- cancer sucks. :mad:

Walkin' Jim is a great guy all around and I wish him and his all the best. Thanks for the post.

Trailweaver
08-21-2010, 04:48
Oh Nooooo! I hadn't heard about this!! I've heard him speak, and it was wonderful. He is so interesting and educational. I think hearing him was one of the reasons I came to be an AT hiker. This is really sad news for the LD hiking community.

Mother Natures Son
08-21-2010, 15:51
Is anyone from this list close to Jim and can keep all of us updated? I saw him many times at ALDHA and he help me get into hiking more. Has anyone told ALDHA or ATC about this? Man, I'm still upset about the news!

Jack Tarlin
08-21-2010, 16:37
This sure is bad news, Jim is a great guy.

If anyone out there has an address where cards, etc. can be sent it'd be nice if they sent it along.

Bearpaw
08-21-2010, 21:04
That's a shame. I saw him at a local fundraiser in Nashville 10 years ago, and his music and walks are pretty inspiring.

Prayers going out for him.

Tinker
08-21-2010, 21:37
Shame this should happen to such a wonderful person and inspiration to many hikers and other nature lovers, as well as musicians like myself. Prayers are being sent.
Get well, Jim.