PDA

View Full Version : Broken Toe

Mother Natures Son
08-22-2010, 19:14
I broke my toe at recent conference. (Yes, I taped it to its nearest neighbor with duct tape) Because of this fact, will I be able to hike in the near future or is the season basically over for me until it heals?:banana

leaftye
08-22-2010, 19:19
Which toe and what kind of break?

Mother Natures Son
08-22-2010, 19:27
It's the big one. Hurts like @%$^& when I take the tape off.

Mother Natures Son

leaftye
08-22-2010, 19:47
Is it a fracture or is it worse?

skinewmexico
08-22-2010, 20:16
I'd go to the Dr. for a big toe. I just tried to ignore my pinkie toe when I broke it.

berkshirebirder
08-22-2010, 20:22
Leaftye, I'm curious to know what's worse than a fracture. In not too graphic detail, thanks.

leaftye
08-22-2010, 20:35
Leaftye, I'm curious to know what's worse than a fracture. In not too graphic detail, thanks.

I meant what's referred to as a greenstick non-displaced fracture. Basically, the break is not completely through the bone and goes back to its normal alignment.
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-fractures-basic-information

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I broke one of my little toes a couple weeks ago. It still works and has proper alignment, so there's not much to do other than prevent it from getting damaged more and just waiting for it to heal. I plan on hiking again tomorrow. Oops, my profile still says I'm on the PCT. That's not correct anymore, and I haven't been hiking in these past couple weeks.