PDA

View Full Version : Zappos free overnight shipping sign-up

Appalachian Tater
08-23-2010, 09:48
Zappos has another sign-up period for their free overnight shipping for life offer.

Basically, if you order in the morning on a business day, they deliver on the next business day. This comes in really handy on a thru-hike for replacing shoes.

https://secure-vip.zappos.com/promotion/registerExisting/code/back2school

Spokes
08-23-2010, 10:02
I love Zappos! They saved me up in Maine last year when I needed a new pair of shoes. It was so simple to order online and have them drop ship to the next hostel.

Thanks for the link.

10-K
08-23-2010, 10:05
Thanks, I just visited the link.

On a related subject, I've now ordered from Zappos 3 times. The first time I opted for overnight shipping, paid for it, and the order came the next day as promised. The next 2 times I selected standard shipping and they still sent both of them overnight and didn't charge me for it.

I wonder if overnight is there default anyway?

Spokes
08-23-2010, 10:10

I wonder if overnight is there default anyway?

I thought the same thing!

dcmidnight
08-23-2010, 10:33
I love ordering from Zappos. I dont always find that they are the cheapest but with free overnight shipping and simple returns it is where I buy 99% of the shoes/boots I buy online. If I have even the slightest question about a size I buy two sizes and return the one that doesnt fit . Great company.

skinewmexico
08-23-2010, 10:48
Only time I've bought from them was thru 6pm.com, which I think is their site.

Harley&Me
08-23-2010, 14:16
Thanks for the link, though I am still hesitant to order shoes online. Nothing like trying them on in the store!

Spokes
08-23-2010, 15:17
Thanks for the link, though I am still hesitant to order shoes online. Nothing like trying them on in the store!

Zappos is no hassle. I like supporting local business but also saving money. It's always a balancing act.

Try on what you like first in the store, get your size nailed down, then shop online for the best deal. It's even better if your local outfitter will price match.
Win/win!

Harley&Me
08-23-2010, 15:42
Good idea Spokes. Problem is last year I bought 2 pairs of Montrail Streaks from Marshalls last year for $30 a pair and there is no outfitter or online store that will match that price. Of course i have gone through both pairs! Zappos has them for $95. I'm too much of a cheapskate to spend that much!

leaftye
08-23-2010, 17:39
Yes, thank you! I've been waiting for this to come up again. I had hoped it would happen before I started hiking again, but at least I'll have it for next year. It's good to know I'll only be stuck in town for 1 business day if I'm forced to get new shoes.

As someone said, Zappos is not the cheapest, but they don't try to be. They say they're all about customer service, and if you're about that too, you'll be their customer.

Danielsen
08-23-2010, 22:29
I love zappos, but sadly they don't carry my next shoe purchase. :(

Signed up anyhow.

Appalachian Tater
08-23-2010, 22:57
Yes, 6pm.com is the discounted and sale stuff from Zappos. They are both owned by Amazon.com now.

If you don't order overnight, they still deliver quickly, and often overnight, but not always overnight. If I remember correctly, they used to deliver everything overnight but at some point started using it as a marketing thing with the sign-up which I always seem to have missed since I don't buy shoes very often.

Their returns are absolutely no hassle, just keep the shoes in new condition by only trying them on on a carpeted surface.

They also have knowledgeable salespeople and once even insisted on calling a manufacturer to get the answer to a question and then calling me back rather than letting me call the manufacturer myself.

rjhoffmann88
08-24-2010, 05:09
Try on what you like first in the store, get your size nailed down, then shop online for the best deal. It's even better if your local outfitter will price match.
Win/win!

Spokes, I have to disagree with you here. Being someone who worked in a high-end shoe store for a number of years, there is nothing more disrespectful than making the sales staff in a store help you when you plan on buying online. Do them a favor and don't waste their time. If the sales people take the time to help you find a shoe that works, buy it from them. Otherwise use Zappos.com and buy and return until you find your size.

10-K
08-24-2010, 07:14
Spokes, I have to disagree with you here. Being someone who worked in a high-end shoe store for a number of years, there is nothing more disrespectful than making the sales staff in a store help you when you plan on buying online. Do them a favor and don't waste their time. If the sales people take the time to help you find a shoe that works, buy it from them. Otherwise use Zappos.com and buy and return until you find your size.

I'm in the middle... If I get help with something I'll buy the initial purchase from them but subsequent purchases of the same item I'll shop around.

Spokes
08-24-2010, 07:24

Yep, it's a balancing act- supporting local business or saving your hard earned money.

I've done both.

mudhead
08-24-2010, 18:44
I love zappos, but sadly they don't carry my next shoe purchase. :(

Signed up anyhow.

Send them an email and tell them what you want. Don't sign up for the email notify-tell them what you would like to buy.

Danielsen
08-24-2010, 20:37
Send them an email and tell them what you want. Don't sign up for the email notify-tell them what you would like to buy.

That's a good idea. I plan on some Inov8 X-talon 240s, and I was surprised that zappos doesn't carry them like it does most of the rest of Inov8's line. Do you know if they price-match as well? I've noticed that many shoes I've purchased from them in the past were available for a good bit less at other retailers (not on sale). That's the only other reason I would choose anyone but zappos, though.

leaftye
08-24-2010, 20:44
Do you know if they price-match as well? I've noticed that many shoes I've purchased from them in the past were available for a good bit less at other retailers (not on sale).

No. They don't because that would result in them being like other retailers--that is, they'd suck.

leaftye
08-24-2010, 20:48
From a Zappos blog:

We decided to remove our price protection policy from Zappos because we didn’t feel it was consistent with our goal of making Zappos customer service-focused as opposed to price-focused. We found that most of the customers that were using our former price protection policy would actually save even more money if we simply started out with more deeply discounted products in the first place. Instead of on Zappos, you’ll be able to find those deeply discounted products on 6pm.com.