PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Creek Campsites

mts4602
08-23-2010, 20:15
Thinking of taking the Eagle Creek trail down from the AT or up to as part of a loop. Of the 3 campsites: 89, 96, and 97, is one better or worse than the others? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Ox97GaMe
08-24-2010, 21:38
There arent many differences between those campsites. All are close to the creek, have lots of space, and usually lots of solitude.

You will want to stay away from #90 if possible. It gets a lot of trash for some reason, maybe from boaters that come in to camp there.

MedicineMan
08-25-2010, 06:13
Isn't Eagle Creek the one that has the GIGANTIC fire pit with all the 'stone' chairs?
I was just there couple months ago but get it and Hazel Creek confused sometimes.

Egads
08-25-2010, 07:05
There aren't many differences between those campsites. All are close to the creek, have lots of space, and usually lots of solitude.

You will want to stay away from #90 if possible. It gets a lot of trash for some reason, maybe from boaters that come in to camp there.

Isn't Eagle Creek the one that has the GIGANTIC fire pit with all the 'stone' chairs?
I was just there couple months ago but get it and Hazel Creek confused sometimes.

#90 is the site with the giant fire ring, the trash, & the big crowds. Avoid it. Sorry, I can't speak for the other sites.

Yahtzee
09-07-2010, 22:31
Just stayed at 97 this weekend. Very nice site. 96 also looked good.

Saw 5 boar on the trail. As big as bear. Crazy.