PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's Cabin

Mountain Traveler
08-30-2010, 09:32
My trail guides are in storage and I am wanting to know how far it is from Allen's Gap TN south to Jerry's Cabin. Allen's Gap is on TN Hwy 70 north of Hot Springs NC. Thanks a bunch!

chelko
08-30-2010, 10:36
Jerry Cabin Shelter is 11.7 miles NORTH of Allen Gap.

Kerosene
08-30-2010, 11:39
I walked this same section (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=293968) in late October 2009 on a lovely day. It was a very easy 4.9 miles to Little Laurel Shelter, which had a slow piped spring on a side trail across the AT behind the shelter.

The climb of Camp Creek Bald, at least to the side trail leading up to the firetower, was also surprisingly easy, but I had just eaten lunch. I wish I had climbed up to the tower, but I did get some great views off of Big Firescald Knob. From there the trail got a bit rocky for awhile before joinin up with an easy woods road for the last mile or so to Jerry Cabin.

Rain Man
08-30-2010, 13:24
My trail guides are in storage ...

Another resource is the Internet. This information is available from several online sources, among which are WB, ATC, ALDHA, and probably the Carolina Hiking Club (or is it Eastman's jurisdiction? Not sure.). Just for future reference.

Have a great hike!

Rain:sunMan

Mountain Traveler
08-30-2010, 21:32
Thanks so much for your answers. I have been to Jerry's Cabin. This info is for someone else who is wanting to make this hike. I drive through Allen's Gap quite often as I live near Greeneville TN. It is appreciated.