PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trail Pants

Cosmo
09-01-2010, 19:42
OK, so this is a little weird. I have a pair of Mountain Hardware nylon pants that I bought on Sierra Trading Post several years ago. I use them almost every week for hikes or maintenance projects. The problem is, they are wearing out and I need to find replacements. It's not that easy to search the web for specific features, so I'll toss this out there.
--Long pants, not zip offs.
--snaps and zips at the cuffs so I can get them on/off over shoes
--integral belt
--slash pockets front and back (easy to use with a pack on)
--fleece lined in crotch area, not fully lined like winter pants (sounds a little funky, but really comfortable on hot days).
--articulated knees, gusseted crotch

If you know of pants that meet most of these criteria, let me know.

Thanks,

Cosmo

couscous
09-01-2010, 19:49
Maybe they still sell the one you have/like? (Mtn. Hardware - Men's Active Pants) (http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-active-pants/mens-bottoms-active,default,sc.html)

Mountain Wildman
09-01-2010, 20:08
Mountain Gear has the MH Runout Pants on sale for $29.98, 32" Inseam and they list LG, XL, XXL. http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/imanf/Mountain+Hardwear/idesc/Runout+Pant+-+Men%27s+32+Inch+Inseam/Store/MG/item/216915/N/0

They dont have the zip bottoms but it's a nice price.

Lugnut
09-01-2010, 21:36
I predict someone will ask what the color and inseam are. It won't be me! :p

kayak karl
09-01-2010, 21:40
I predict someone will ask what the color and inseam are. It won't be me! :p
what color and inseam???

Lugnut
09-01-2010, 21:48
Told you so. :banana

Nazarene
09-12-2010, 11:18
This may not be helpful to your specifics, but I'll reply anyway.
I usually just check Goodwill or other thrift stores occasionally. Not all the time, but sometimes I run into some nice cargo style pants, sometimes even hiking pants. I figure I'm going to ruin them anyways, so I figure I'd rather spend 4$ than 40$. I've got a great pair now that I used to hike in Israel, and still going strong (after 1 patch up). Hope that might help is some way.

sbhikes
09-20-2010, 14:20
Seriously, thrift stores are the way to go. I have to haunt them pretty regularly to find what I want, but paying $10 or less is way better than paying $50 or more. Lots of times they are brand new, never worn, too. A few modifications with my sewing machine and I can make improvements if they don't fit quite right.

The Solemates
09-20-2010, 23:12
OK, so this is a little weird. I have a pair of Mountain Hardware nylon pants that I bought on Sierra Trading Post several years ago. I use them almost every week for hikes or maintenance projects. The problem is, they are wearing out and I need to find replacements. It's not that easy to search the web for specific features, so I'll toss this out there.
--Long pants, not zip offs.
--snaps and zips at the cuffs so I can get them on/off over shoes
--integral belt
--slash pockets front and back (easy to use with a pack on)
--fleece lined in crotch area, not fully lined like winter pants (sounds a little funky, but really comfortable on hot days).
--articulated knees, gusseted crotch

If you know of pants that meet most of these criteria, let me know.

Thanks,

Cosmo

i dont think its weird at all. most gear i am not picky about, but a few things i am. pants just happen to be one of them. i went to very great lengths to get a replacement pair of specific discontinued ex oficio pants that wore out. then i bought 2 pair when i found them at nearly $70 each :eek:

TheYoungOne
09-22-2010, 11:32
Also swing by Dick's Sporting Goods' clearence racks every once in a while.

I got a pair of Columbia nylon hiking pants for $9. They usually clearence out there lightweight hiking clothing and camping stuff to make way for hunting season.