PDA

View Full Version : good CDT books

litespeedlujak
09-04-2010, 16:59
Hello, I have a bunch of books on the AT. None on the CDT. I'd like a few recommendations on books set up as a reflection or journal. I really like the book that tells the story of the adventure. Also, any recommendations on how to hike the CDT would be appreciated as well.
Thanks, Rodney

Dogwood
09-04-2010, 17:46
Go to the PCT and CDT websites. They have plenty of the info you seek in many publications.

Check their corresponding PCT and CDT trail journal websites too!

No Belay
09-06-2010, 22:04
I just finished reading " Where the Waters Divide" by Karen Berger. Even though it was written back in the 1900's, it is stiil pertainent and indicative of the joys, hardships, and rewards that any present day hiker would experience on the CDT. Karen is a Triple Crowner so her insights are borne of experience and wisdom and the scenery and exposure are vividly described.

Savor Happy !

TaTonka

Spirit Walker
09-07-2010, 20:53
We have a list of CDT books on our website in the CDT information section: http://spiriteaglehome.com/cdt06_resources.html

I haven't seen any recent CDT books. I think that with all the journals available online books aren't selling all that well. You can get CDT journals at trailjournals.com, postholer.com and, of course, on our website.

Dogwood
09-07-2010, 21:11
SpiritWalker has an excellent CDT trail journal with MANY excellent and informative reads. Their InTown Resupply info is a GREAT supplement to Yogi's info in her CDT Planning Guide.