PDA

View Full Version : anyone out of high school or college thru hiking NOBO

Tiger Ninja
09-06-2010, 20:29
I am planning on hiking the A.T. mid march, and would love to talk to other hikers who are also going NOBO. I know my parents would rather me hike with somene else.

niners
09-09-2010, 22:17
My daughter is graduating high school in January and we are planning on leaving in Feb to hike the AT. You are welcome to join us.

C Seeker
10-10-2010, 08:44
2 days after I graduate from high school me and my best friend other wise know as boy friend, other wise know as hiking partner, and other wise know to me as Mr.CB will be hiking the whole trail doing a flip flop. Going from Front Royal- Maine then Georgia to Front Royal. We will be starting in the middle of of June and hoping to be done by the end of December. Good luck on your hike

Jessetfan
10-11-2010, 00:19
I'm planning on leaving in mid-March as well and looking for someone to hike with. My parents would prefer it as well. I just finished up grad school, and I'm 23 so if you're interested I wouldn't mind hooking up.

Speakeasy TN
10-12-2010, 17:22
I'm looking at the last week of March. It looks like there are going to be LOTS of people in the 2 week window end of March, first week of April. Go Get 'em!

Torch09
10-12-2010, 18:46
I'm looking at the first week of april... maybe i'll catch you by trail days. Can't wait to start making new friends!

Philip
10-12-2010, 19:47
I finished grad school in August this year, and plan to work through the winter. I should be starting NOBO 1st week in April. I wouldn't mind company.

Maddie13
10-25-2010, 21:22
Tiger,
I'm in the same boat, although I wanted to leave around March 5th. But then again I can be flexible. When do you plan on finishing?

Yamagame
12-06-2010, 04:11
Hey Tiger Ninja and JessetFan and Maddie13,

I started the AT alone out of college and my parents were skeptical about it. I wrote this article on thru-hiking as a young woman for American Hiking Society about it:

http://www.americanhiking.org/uploadedFiles/News_Room/Women%20Going%20the%20Distance%20Fall%202010.pdf

The article might answer some questions and concerns your folks might have about it. Chances are that you'll meet some great people as soon as you get dropped off, so even if you start out alone, you'll have friends really soon. I think I was a lot happier starting off alone and making friends along the way rather than committing to someone I might not get along with who I met on internet...

strausha
01-05-2011, 16:51
Hello everyone!
I am graduating high school in June! I thought it would be best to do a thru-hike starting in GA in Feb, but haven't found a group to go with yet. My parents are convinced I have to! Let me know if anyone is interested! Good luck to everyone c:

dropsofskywater
01-07-2011, 03:48
I plan to leave mid march, let me know, I'm 27 and my family is still worried about me... if you wanna email or skype let me know!

Special-K
01-07-2011, 15:17
March 1 I'm starting out. I'm 20 and graduated highs school a couple years ago. But I'm more than happy to hike with people. So I'll be seeing most of you guys on the trail!