PDA

View Full Version : Black lab found on trail

kasmith
09-08-2010, 18:08
I am writing this for a friend who is doing the section between Erwin, TN & Damascus, VA northbound. She came across an injured black labrador roughly 3/10 north of Overmountain Shelter. My friend hikes with two dogs so the dog attempted to follow them until Hump Mountain. Weather conditions and need for water forced my friend to have to continue going while the dog was not able to keep up because of an injured leg :(.
If anyone knows a quicker way to get back to this area, my friend is willing to try to hike back in and try to bring the dog back out. Does anyone know if there is a quicker route or side route off of the AT to get back up to Hump Mountain? If anyone is willing to help my friend get this dog, please call me. She will be staying in Roan Mountain, TN tonight. Or, if this is your dog, please contact me at 910-742-9651.

yari
09-08-2010, 18:38
Oh man, wish I could do something. I wish your friend the best of luck in this. She is a good person to try to help.

Rick500
09-08-2010, 19:15
Wish I was nearby and could help. Hope everything works out well.

mmais68569
09-08-2010, 20:34
There is a cattle farm if I remember right located on Lil Hump. If you can locate the owner down towards the base of the mountain he will let you or take you back up to the top in a vehicle. Sorry I can be of no more help I passed through that area in June & tried to remember.

Mike