PDA

View Full Version : Waynesboro to Catawba(ish) hike- transport/ shuttle advice?

freewheelinmilo
09-09-2010, 16:06
Hi all,

I'm looking to do a section hike from Waynesboro south for a week or two, and I am coming from Great Barrington, MA. I want to leave around thursday 9/16 and come back around Friday 9/24. My dates are flexible.

At this stage I am looking for general advice.

Here is what I have loosely planned, Amtrak from Boston to Charlottesville, get a ride to Waynesboro/ Rockfish Gap. Hike south a while, and then get back to Lynchburg, VA where I can catch an Amtrak back.

Any better ideas?

Who would you recommend I get in touch with for shuttles in the Waynesboro/ Charlottesville area and the Catawba/ Lynchburg area?

And lastly for the doesn't hurt to ask category, Any chance anyone here is making any roadtrips from NE to VA or back in that time-frame, and want company?!

Thanks,

Milo

GAME 99, GA-Damascus 04, AMC Berkshires RR 04 05 & Program Coordinator presently

Del Q
09-09-2010, 21:14
Hi Milo, I am on the same exact time schedule, James River south to Route 42, Homer Witcher is great for Lynchburg area, his contact info is on the atc site.

ratfaceraines
09-09-2010, 21:25
milo, another option that may bring you closer to the trail would be greyhound bus lines...roanoke is 15-20 miles from catawba, as far as waynesboro/charlottesville you can check the web...i run a shuttle service out of pearisburg, va.(50 miles from catawba)..feel free to contact me if i can help don, 540-921-7433(RIDE)

freewheelinmilo
09-10-2010, 17:49
thanks guys!