PDA

View Full Version : Erwin, TN

tucker0104
09-10-2010, 21:41
How close does the AT come to Erwin, TN?

10-K
09-10-2010, 21:51
Well, the trail goes within 50 feet of Uncle Johnny's, a hostel/outfitter/shuttler. Then there's a convenience store a mile up the road.

From the trail there's a grocery store, Dollar General, and pizza place in about 2 miles.

Erwin is spread out over a large area for having such a small population. We have pretty much anything you'd need but without a ride it's a lot of walking.

flemdawg1
09-10-2010, 23:10
There's a new Super Walmart too. Probably your easiest 1-stop resupply.

superman
09-10-2010, 23:12
It seemed like about an hour of down hill to get to the road. Then I walked to a hotel. I don't get rides in Erwin...I walk and walk and then I go hike.:rolleyes:

Bronk
09-11-2010, 04:25
Uncle Johnny's used to have a bicycle he would let you use to ride into town...but that was a long time ago, don't know if he still does that...he wouldn't let you use it after dark. I didn't have any trouble getting a ride into or out of town, and I didn't use Miss Janet or Johnny's shuttles (bad timing on my part)...people saw me walking and offered me a ride...friendly people.

Marta
09-11-2010, 07:18
Uncle Johnny's used to have a bicycle he would let you use to ride into town...but that was a long time ago, don't know if he still does that...

He does. They also give rides to town, but it's not a command taxi service so you need to be a bit flexible about your schedule.