PDA

View Full Version : Contacted Cascade Designs re Thermarest

300winmag
09-10-2010, 23:57
I just e-mailed Cascade Designs asking them to improve the R rating for their ProLite mattress by coating the inside of the bottom skin with a reflective coating. They use it on the Neo-Air and the ProLite could use the same technology. This would add maybe 2 grams - if that.

I'll report their response B/C I requested they do so. :sun

Eric

Chance09
09-12-2010, 08:22
Sweet deal, I'm excited for an answer.

Bucherm
09-13-2010, 03:28
Alright, can someone explain to me the signifigance of this? I'm sure it makes sense to someone smarter than me. :confused:

leaftye
09-13-2010, 04:42
Alright, can someone explain to me the signifigance of this? I'm sure it makes sense to someone smarter than me. :confused:

More warmth, virtually zero weight.

kanga
09-13-2010, 07:41
that's a great suggestion. i might even upgrade from my 16 yr old original thermarest if they did that.

300winmag
10-29-2010, 01:56
I talked to a fellow at Cascade Designs about a month ago regarding aluminizing the inside bottom skin of the Prolite mattress and got a lukewarm ansewer. Basically he said that it was difficult to aluminize the inside skin and get the foam to adhere to it. But the way he said it made me feel it was only an opinion and not something they had tested. :-?

Anyway, I'll keep after them about that idea from time-to-time and see if they get tired enough of hearing from me to actually TRY it. I'll wear down their resistance. :) ("Resistance is futile.")

Eric