PDA

View Full Version : Lost camera

condorito
09-12-2010, 09:24
I have completed JMT September 1, 2010. We took a last picture at the wooden exhibit construction at Whitney Portal. In Lone Pine we realized, that the camera was missing. Its a small Canon Photo Shot. We dont care about the camerea itself. It's the fotos we took during the trail that we miss. We appreciate any help in finding the chip or cam. So if you have heard anything about someone who's found a cam there or if you know the single hiker from the Bend, OR area whos body generously gave us a ride from Whitney Portal to Lone Pine around 3:45 p.m. please contact me. The cam might have fallen out of my daughters backpack during the ride in the back of your truck. I hate to give up hope. Thank you all.

ChinMusic
09-12-2010, 11:14
I hope someone finds and returns your camera.

Whenever I read a thread like this I like to make a simple recommendation. Write down on a sheet of paper whatever personal information you want. Take a picture of that sheet of paper with each memory card. Protect those files if the camera allows.

That way if someone finds your camera (or a dropped memory card) they can look through the pics and see the info. IMO most will then contact you.

10-K
09-12-2010, 11:32
Be sure to check with any establishments nearby even if you didn't go there. Someone may have dropped it off there.

I found a digital camera hiking near Gorham and I dropped it off at the first place I came to. I wasn't going to carry it for another month and my home was a thousand miles away so what else could I do with it?

4eyedbuzzard
09-13-2010, 01:08
You might try contacting the local paper. Often small papers will run a lost and found ad cheap or free in such instances. Bend Bulletin http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Profile=1044&ExpNodes=1044&Category=ABOUT

condorito
09-13-2010, 03:07
So far, thank you all for your recommendations. I have written to the park's lost and found and phoned to several places nearby. All negativ or not even an answer at all. I will try a local radio station in Bend, OR 'cause by now the person should be back home. Maybe they help me contact that person. Seems to me that this could be possible. Even knowing that we have not dropped it in his car would be of interest. And it would give me an opportunity to thank for the ride. We did (obviously) not exchange contact information.
The idea with taking a picture with basic ownership information seems a good idea. Too late though. :-(

Helmuth.Fishmonger
09-13-2010, 10:55
I have completed JMT September 1, 2010. We took a last picture at the wooden exhibit construction at Whitney Portal. In Lone Pine we realized, that the camera was missing. Its a small Canon Photo Shot. We dont care about the camerea itself. It's the fotos we took during the trail that we miss. We appreciate any help in finding the chip or cam. So if you have heard anything about someone who's found a cam there or if you know the single hiker from the Bend, OR area whos body generously gave us a ride from Whitney Portal to Lone Pine around 3:45 p.m. please contact me. The cam might have fallen out of my daughters backpack during the ride in the back of your truck. I hate to give up hope. Thank you all.

ask on the Whitney Portal board - that's where you will reach a large number of people who head up there very frequently, plus Doug who runs the store and knows about everything that happens up there.

http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1