PDA

View Full Version : "I'm Bored"

Doctari
11-29-2004, 13:27
So, there you are, on the trail having a great time & suddenly a companion (or even you) says: "I'm bored". What do you do? It's (Possibly) too late to hike anymore, you took all the pictures you can, all the stories are starting to sound the same. Actually, none of the above need necessarily apply.
What do YOU do?

I carry a PVC transverse flute that I can play fairly well, so is great for when I am alone, & sometimes with a group. On my sleeping pad is printed a 2 person medieval board game called “9 Men’s Morris”( http://www3.sympatico.ca/pesullivan/merrelles/English.html for info) & I am going to add a checkers/chess board & a Backgammon board. As of yet, I don't carry game pieces, so far sticks & stones do the trick for the morris board.

I used to carry a book, but almost never read, & when I did read I usually fell asleep rather quickly :-/

Doctari.

TakeABreak
11-29-2004, 13:35
The lady I hiked with for the first few hundred miles, carried an ultra light small pack of cards and we played rummey (Spelling??) in the evenings.

grrickar
11-29-2004, 14:10
Dice games are great, and wooden dice are light. I play a game called 10,000 that my brother taught me, which is sort of like the medievil game called 'Farkle'. The rules for Farkle can be looked up on the internet so I won't post them here. Card games typically limit the number of people who can play due to the limited number of cards, but dice games can be played by numerous people.

tarbubble
11-29-2004, 14:44
if i'm not going to be alone, i sometimes carry one of those mini decks of cards. if we go with a certain friend, we bring mini Uno. we've got some crazy rules and so our Uno games get very busy.

SavageLlama
11-29-2004, 19:05
The lady I hiked with for the first few hundred miles, carried an ultra light small pack of cards and we played rummey (Spelling??) in the evenings.
If I hiked with a lady, I wouldn't be playing cards to pass the time. :D

TDale
11-29-2004, 20:02
I revel in it. :cool:

Lobo
11-29-2004, 20:43
If I hiked with a lady, I wouldn't be playing cards to pass the time. :DSome hikers are on the other team!

TakeABreak
11-29-2004, 20:50
She and I are just friend's and no I'm not on the other team! I can't believe you said that LOBO.

orangebug
11-29-2004, 21:48
If I hiked with a lady, I wouldn't be playing cards to pass the time. :D
If I hiked with a lady, I'm sure a few hands of cards would help to increase the opportunity for getting lucky. :banana

Lobo
11-29-2004, 22:08
TakeABreak,you're gettin' excited again! In the several times that we shared a shelter, the only complaint that I have with you is that you snore loudly!!